Spy Kids | Teen Ink

Spy Kids

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Juni lives in a dream world.

Carmen wishes to be rid of her chicken brother and oh so blah family...

That is until Mom and Dad go on a vacation and something goes terribly wrong. Uncle Felix sends the kids to a safe house with only a locator showing their parents whereabouts and a cryptic message:

The third brain lives.

They are then caught up in the dangerous world of espionage battling evil thumbs, bald women and 500 robotic children. With their parents being held captive, the only ransom being the infamous third brain, Carmen and Juni decide that it is up to them and no one else to save their parents from the evil Floop and certain mutation.

Have you ever sat down to watch a kid’s movie with your little brother and found it to be nothing more than that? A kid’s movie? Well, families with children of all ages REJOICE! For now there is a family movie entertaining for everyone, including the parents. With the outrageous and hilarious characters, ingenious humor and several of Mom and Dad’s favorites (i.e. Antonio Banderas, Carla Gugino, Tony Shaloub and even George Clooney pops in for a little visit), this “kids” movie is sure to be a family favorite for years to come, especially with the strong message of fighting to keep a family together.

Five stars

Alexa Vega-Carmen Cortez
Daryl Sabara-Juni Cortez
Antonio Banderas-Gregorio Cortez
Carla Gugino-Ingrid Cortez
Alan Cumming-Fegan Floop
Tony Shalhoub-Alexander Minion
George Clooney-Devlin

This is one of my favorite movies ever!