Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) is a "normal" teen that is trying to deal with is dyslexia and ADHD. However, all things change when he finds out that his "long-lost" dad is the Greek god Poseidon (Kevin McKidd) and that he is a demigod. (Half god, half mortal) Now the regular world is no longer safe, especially with the monsters that have finally found out where he is. After arriving at Half-Blood Camp, Percy's "best friend", which is a satyr, Grover (Brandon T. Jackson) "introduces" Percy to Annabeth (Alexandra Daddario). They then get encountered by Hades (Steve Coogan) and set off on a quest to "return" the Zeus's (Sean Bean) Lightning Bolt. But things turn out quit different from the book. I thought that the movie was pretty good. Other than the fact that the movie didn't really exactly follow what was in the book, (like every other movie), it was a really enjoyable movie. I thought Lerman played the role of Percy quite well and that the actors/actresses that were picked to play there parts were suitable. Poseidon (McKidd), was completely opposite of what I had imagined. I thought the costumes were awesome, especially the fact that the flying shoes were Converse, (something that I had predicted). The Greek armor was pretty realistic and the god's outfits were suitable. The movie however, was a little to "original", if a few more extra special effects were added in, it would have been better. I would rate the movie 3 1/2 stars out of 5.