New Moon

The fans line up to see a movie that has been sold out for over a day... fans shivering in the cold... some having red or gold contacts in to represent their love toward the new moon "Twilight Saga: New Moon". Being part of the crowd was amazing, you can just feel the tension in everyone! I stood there with my online printed ticket, waiting for the doors to open. Then finally... the door to the midnight premiere of "New Moon" opened. Now being a 15 male teenager, I know that I shouldn't be so... entertained, but trying to be a good role-model for my sister, I acted like a kid again. I rushed in like everyone else and chose the seat in the very middle. I didn't have time to count, but who cares? The previews started and my sister was shivering... not from the cold, but from all then excitement. Then finally, the lights turned off and the movie started. The movie started off pretty okay, I mean it was like any other movie, boring and all full of talking. Then 5 minutes later, the action started. Edward tells Bella the he has to leave and that she wouldn't be seeing him anymore. I believe that Bella was acted very out well in the next couple of scenes. The fact that she has nightmares, sits around doing nothing, emailing Alice even though the emails kept on returning un-mailed, and even the part of her going on the crazy motorcycle ride with the stranger. Later on, she starts to hang out with Jacob and tries to "forget" about Edward. However, as we all know, that doesn't work out. The movie continues on without much excitement... except for the part when Jacob takes off his shirt then do all the girls start screaming and sighing. (I thought it was pretty lame...) Then when Bella finds out that Jacob was a werewolf, I believed that it could have been acted out more dramatically. As the movie progresses to the climax, many scenes were done really well. The scene when Jacob tells Edward the Charlie was "preparing a funeral" was probably the way I envisioned it would be. After I saw that scene, I honestly couldn't think of another way for Jacob to make that scene "believable".At the end when Alice foresees the way Edward gets killed, I honestly thought that Bella was going to have a heart attack the way she acted it out. I believe that the fight seen was a little over done, the fact that Edward's face cracked open then healed? HE IS NOT A WEREWOLF AND THEREFORE SHOULD HEAL THAT FAST!!! However it was quite nice to see that Bella and Edward were finally together again. I believe the character of Aro was acted out PERFECTLY!!! However the one part that really did bother me was how Alice managed to trick Aro into believing that it would be she that changes Bella. I believe if I read the last book, "Breaking Dawn" correctly, it was Edward who changes her. Anyways the movie comes to an abrupt stop when Edward asked Bella to marry him. I, along with nearly everyone in that theater, thought that was a stupid, but at the same time suspending, way of ending the movie. Overall if I had to rate the movie out of 5 stars, I would give it a 4 and a half.

wingofangel said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 8:01 pm:
i FINALLY!!!!!!! got 2 see(NEW MOON)it was alright but i sorta l loved the first one (TWILIGHT)a lot more i did love how thay had music in (new moon)thay did not have that much in the first one (twilght) i did not like that 2 much i like music in movie's a lot well eneyway i'm glad i got 2 watch it. by the way i'm angelswing i got a new account.

angelswing said...
oh almost forgot i read the book 2 time's all the way trough yep i really loved it a lot!!!!!!

angelswing said...
i have not got 2 see it (new moon) yet but i really want 2 i got 2 older sister's thy don't want 2 see it thy say thy are'nt intrested in the whole"vampire thing" but thy seen( twilight)i just don't get that

Indder said...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 12:56 am:
a good way of summing up everythin....kristen acted pretty well in this movie

Venom replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 4:45 pm :
^I hope that comment about Ms. Stewart was sarcastic.
She couldn't act her way out of a paper bag...and trust me, I've seen people fail horribly at attempting this, yet they still do a better job than K. S. could ever hope to accomplish.

MichaelC. replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 7:18 pm :
dude, plz... i doubt u could act like that... anyways, lets not be enemies over my review... plz?

Venom replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 7:37 pm :
Who says I'm trying to be an enemy. I am simply giving my opinion. I said that your review felt more like summary (not insulting, it's called criticism) and then I told the guy above me what I thought about KS (mainly that she can't act at all). I am entitled to my opinion and I have not attempted to insult or flame anybody here...so please...get off me.
FYI: I could definitely act better than KS. If all I have to do is sound like a banshee when I scream and show no convicti... (more »)

MichaelC. replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 7:42 pm :
Ok...ok...sorry I even bother, lets start fresh, we got off on a bad foot... sorry.

Venom replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 8:02 pm :
lol, don't apologize. My hatred is towards Kirsten Stewart, not you.
Had I chosen to make fun of you, I would have done so in the last comment.
You see, I grew up on forums/comment threads (4chan, myspace, gamefaqs, uesp, youtube, failblog and shoryuken)
and on all of those, I have learned that if you have an opinion, you might as well be very defensive about it if somebody disagrees and either flames you or asks you to stop.
So while I went overboard, I was simply e... (more »)

MichaelC. replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 8:50 pm :
there's more, but teenink is taking forever to post them, lol, do u hav a facebook, i'd like to be friends.

Venom replied...
Dec. 22, 2009 at 12:06 am :
Ewww...facebook. Sorry, but I'm a myspace guy. I'll probably make a facebook someday, but for now...I shall not.

MichaelC. replied...
Dec. 22, 2009 at 10:39 am :
o righty then... lol, i had a myspace, but then thought facebook was better so i stopped using myspace. lol

Pensivegurl said...
My favorite part was when Taylor Lautner took off his shirt for the first time! And it was funny because a girl screamed in the theater. Team Jacob all the way! >.<

MichaelC. replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 6:46 pm :
I agree, almost everyone screamed in the theater, its was funny, but got annoying as it continued throughout the movie! lol

Venom replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 11:15 pm :
If you don't mind me saying, this felt like more of a summary than a review. I enjoyed the read a bit as you did have some good points (mainly on the Taylor L. comments)...best of luck in the contest.