Repo!The Genetic Opera | Teen Ink

Repo!The Genetic Opera

By Just-Maybe GOLD, South Salem, Ohio
Just-Maybe GOLD, South Salem, Ohio

Laugh your heart out. Dance in the rain. Cherish the moment. Ignore the pain. Live, love, laugh. Forgive & Forget. Life's too short to live with regrets.

This movie is based on a perception of what the future will be like. The movie takes place in 2056 in the years of organ failures. With people dying everywhere one company steps in to take control, GeneCo.
They will perform a surgery that will give you new organs but there is a catch, if you don't make your payments your organs will be repossesed. The company hires men to do this job.
This story mainly focuses on Shillow(Alexa Vega) and her father Nathan(Anthony Stewart Head). Nathan lives a double life and there are many secrets between the two about what happened to her mother and her illness.
I love this movie because it is unusual and very entertaining. I like that it is set in the future that we will live to see and that even though it is mythical you can still think that this could really happen. Even though it is a opera it is rock-themed. I recommend this movie.