the Uninvited | Teen Ink

the Uninvited

By rasheeda bryant BRONZE, HYASTVILLE, Maryland
rasheeda bryant BRONZE, HYASTVILLE, Maryland

Everyday since I can remember I have been watching t.v. waiting for the new movies to come out. Every movie I saw was okay but it just wasn't good enough. Then this movie came out called the Uninvited. At first I was hesitant to see it because in the preview it told you how Anna's mom died. The next week I was going to the movies to go see a movie. I wanted to go see My 3D Bloody Valentine. The only thing was that I t wasn't showing at pg movie theater. Guess what I had to go see The Uninvited.

Anna returns home to her family, just to find out that her father has a new girlfriend- the woman that used to take care of her sick mother, who is now dead. The movie shows the new girlfriend as trying way too hard to win the affections of a disturbed girl. Anna tries her best to get her father to stop seeing her soon to be step mother.
The night her mother died is a blur in the mind of Anna (who witnessed how she died). An old flame followed Anna home and knows what happened that night. He ends up dead before being able to tell her what really happened.
The cast is strong. The performances are believable…but like most remakes the message was lost in translation.
Life is all about perception. This movie makes you walk away feeling a little dirty. Any movie that makes you question your ability to judge situations gets an A in my book. Never be too sure about what you see, even if you appear to have all of the information in front of you.
If you enjoyed “The 6th Sense” (and by dropping that movie name I am giving you a HUGE hint), then you will enjoy this movie.
Always finish what you started… that's what Anna did she killed her step mom, sister and mother.

This movie has a full plot and unexpected twist and all the qualities that a movie should this is a go-see movie.

I'm not the only person who thought this movie was great, I went online to get all the interviews of the cast and newspapers and photos.

Anna and her sister thinking of a plan trying not to be heard by their new step mom.

The step-mom Emily summers at the restaurant.

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

I didn't totally understand the movie! Is it that she was trying to kill all of them so she could be closer to her dad??? is that it?!?!?!