Finding Forrester | Teen Ink

Finding Forrester

The movie Finding Forrester, is rated PG-13.

The directors name is Gus Van Sant. The year it was released was 2000. I also feel like the genre is like drama because the characters are taking action in what is going on in the story.  Some of the characters are Wiliam, Jamel. They are like the main character and also Professor Robert. There is a book to Finding Forrester, it was made the same year the movie came out. Written by James Whitfield Ellison. The movie was really good to me,I  liked it it really gets thinking. I feel like Jamel stands up for what he believes in. I feel like Jamel is a great writer. The characters are amazing in the way that they proform. Jemel is a very good basketball player and he gets a scholarship, to play at a basketball collage. He was a very good understanding. In the movie this dude stacks, Jamel while he plays basketball. Then William and Jamel  start talking. William helps Jamel write his papers. Jamel gets in trouble for using William title in one of his papers. He is told to write an I'm sorry letter to his professor, for”cheating” and being disrespectful. he refuses to write the letter because he doesn't like his professor. Does not feel like he did anything wrong. He ended up writing the letter, and William says he's sorry, and William writes something and shares it in front of the college students. THen they all start clapping and things get all crazy. Then William says well my friend wrote this I didnt. And then he walked off with his friends. And then William goes off to Scotland, for a while. Because he things he's done his work with Jamel. A while later Jamel finds out that William passes away because he had cancer. He gets sad. William was a great character and so was Jamel, he could be a great influence on kids if they watch the movie. If I had to request this out to someone I would say yes watch it because it has great meaning. Great understanding. If I had to rate the movie I would rate it a 4. I mean ya it's an old movie and kinda boring.It's a great reference to writing ya has great tips in it. I would have to say my favorite part of the movie is when, Jamal is at college and he is playing basketball and that girl looks at him. He misses the game winning shot and William says, when he finds him after that was that a soup conversation or not.

good movie