Marley and Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Marley and Me,” based on the popular book by John Grogan, is the story of the miraculous connection between dog and owner. It stole the hearts of dog-lovers everywhere. You not only appreciate your own dog more, but you form a relationship with Marley and John.

The movie brings you through a sea of emotions as you follow John (Owen ­Wilson) through ups and downs in his life, ­including when he finds Marley, and through the adventures of married life (his wife is played by Jennifer Aniston) and parenthood. As his life changes, one thing stays the same: Marley is by his side.

As John and his dog become closer, you feel yourself falling in love with Marley. The way the movie presents the bond between a person and a dog will definitely leave you in tears.

“Marley and Me” also ­teaches the great lesson of sticking to what is most important to you. As the demands of work and home are compounded by the struggle of keeping up with a hyper dog, John knows he must choose what is most important. This movie allows you to bond with each character as you follow them through life and reminds you to always stay true to what is important to you, even if you’re learning it from a dog.

4evameme said...
i rember this movie and book from elementery schoool memories :)

SaherK said...
The review was really good. the movie was good but very sad.

Robert Pickles said...
Sept. 21, 2012 at 10:37 am
I think this is a good review. This movie is welll written and has very sad parts! This is the only movie that made me cry.

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think this was an amazing review!The way you talked about the characters and Marley, make it seem like you not only payed attention to the movie but payed attention to how the actors made you feel and you described what they learned. Great job! BY the way, i watched this movie after my dog just passed away... you are right it definantly made some tears! :'(

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 8:33 am
Good review! It's true that the bond between people and their pets is a special one. Your pets can teach you things and they really become part of your family.

JenniN said...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:00 am
This movie was great!  But was very sad. Nice review! (:

ummmmmmmmmm123 said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:37 am

I saw rhis movie when it first came out it was reallly good

aj123 said...
What was your overall opinion of this movie?

Lamb97 said...

I love this movie but it made me cry. Love this review.:)

cadam123 said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 9:40 am
I loved the movie but hated. The end of it still a great movie though.

moedee13 said...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 11:08 am
I think that Marley and Me is a great movie. You almost feel as Marley is your dog. This movie is full of emotions. Marley and Me has quite a few funny parts that will make you laugh. How this movie was written was, a man going through his life with a lot of ups and downs.  At the end, I almost always cry. I made such a great connection with the characters.

vannybear said...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 11:05 am
This movie was well thought out. It pulls you in and by the end you can"t help not to cry.

Bulldogs14 said...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 10:53 am
I love this movie! I don't have a dog,  but I loved the connection between Marley and John! I agree, it does teach a lesson of sticking to what's most important to you. No matter how crazy Marley was at times, John was always right there beside him.

GirRox said...
Amazing book and movie, I cry everytime I see it!

ama1013 replied...
omg me too! no matter how many times i watch it, i cry every time at the end! awww poor marley <3

Crazy-Rednecks replied...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 10:56 am
I love this movie alot because i enjoy watching movies about dogs. I don't like the end because it is really sad.

luviey said...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 8:33 am
This is a really really good book, i love this book. It's a really funny at the begininng but towards the end it was getting sad i was crying really hard when marley died. It was a sad movie and book =(

Macx14 said...
I cried so hard at the end of this movie!! Very well written article, by the way.

Jennay. said...
I agree, when this movie came out in theaters and previews were shown, i was so excited to see it. When I did go watch it with a friend of mine, from start to finish I loved it but it was sad. Sometimes you could predict what was coming up but at the end, I definately didn't know what happened was going to happened.

MayDay said...
I had a birthday and watched this movie with my friends. We were all crying at the end. Great review!!!!!