Deadpool 2 | Teen Ink

Deadpool 2

November 20, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 Deadpool 2 is the sequel to the revolutionary Deadpool and further alongs the Deadpool franchise. The movie continues the journeys of the infamous Wade Wilson, who is also known as the Merc with a Mouth, but he is most famous for being Deadpool. When Wade meets Russell, who also has special powers, Deadpool soon must deal with problems he has never even imagined. The adolescent has anger issues, and because of his extraordinary powers that are capable of mass destruction, learning how to control his anger is an absolute must. Russell currently lives at an orphanage whose  head mistreats all of the mutants there. When a powerful soldier from the future travels through time armed with his scientifically advanced weaponry and tries to eliminate Russell from existence, in order to prevent him from doing harm in the future, Deadpool feels that he has an obligation to help the misunderstood child. Because of this, Wade soon builds his very own team of heroes called the X-Force. Although the team does its best to help, Deadpool will need all the help and then some in order to save the child and overcome outrageously difficult obstacles that might prove to be Wade Wilson's downfall. 
 Deadpool 2 succeeds with just about everything that it does. Even though none of the movie should be able to work together and have its pieces mesh together to become an instant success, Deadpool 2 becomes a triumphant hit that does its best to live up to the original. Although the prequel is more watchable and better overall, this sequel is loaded to the brim with terrific jokes, fourth wall-breaking scenes, outstanding one-liners, and perfectly timed quotes that are able to make even the most serious of folks grow a smile. The movie manages to touch on some more serious issues than the first did, resulting in the tone of the movie being slightly more dark. Most of the movie's hilariousness feels natural, but some of the jokes don't roll off quite as well as the original's did. However, majority of the wittiness doesn't feel forced. 

 Not only is Deadpool 2 a success with die-hard fans, but critics also seemed to enjoy the movie. It received high marks across the entire board, and Vudu gave the movie a 4.6/5, which is exceptionally high. A whopping 94% of Google users liked the movie, which is a great sign, but Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a fair 82%, which isn't terrible but not amazing.

 Although the movie isn't quite on the same level as the original, Deadpool 2 is an incredible must see for just about anyone and everyone. The beginning of the movie jump starts things intensely and brilliantly sets the scene for the sequel. The middle manages to showcase the very best of Deadpool without becoming over-complicated or confusing at any point. The ending of the movie is actually somewhat heartfelt and emotional, which is actually pretty shocking. This sequel manages to surpass its goals and then some, while managing to superbly set up the inevitable third movie, as well as become a fantastic film in its own right. The vivid visual effects are just spectacular and help to capture the essence of everyone's favorite anti-hero, and the special effects help to create some extremely realistic battle scenes. After watching this movie, it's hard not to fall in love with Ryan Reynold's fabulous performance as Deadpool, who happens to be one of the most popular anti-heroes in the world currently, and hop on board this adventurous roller coaster. This is definitely a must see. 


The author's comments:

"With this collar on, my superpower is just unbridled cancer. Give me a bow and arrow and I'm basically Hawkeye." - Deadpool