No Summit out of Sight by Jordan Romero | Teen Ink

No Summit out of Sight by Jordan Romero

By AlizaSarah BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
AlizaSarah BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves! - The Doctor

When I picked up NO SUMMIT OUT OF SIGHT, I was expecting bit of a boring book. Truthfully, the idea of reading about some kid climbing some mountains didn’t really interest me. I wasn’t sure this was a book I would be able to finish, but, as I started reading the first few pages, I was faced with a much more difficult challenge. How could I ever put this book down?
NO SUMMIT OUT OF SIGHT is a beautifully written book about a young boy on a quest to climb all seven summits. The seven summits are the tallest mountains on each continent. The book follows Jordan on his journey from mountain to mountain as he battles through wind, ice, and snow. It describes his intense training, and each of his ascents up these huge mountains. Although I am not a mountain climber, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Jordan’s journey. It was interesting and inspiring.
As I finished, I was struck with a strong sense of motivation and excitement. If Jordan could climb these mountains, then why couldn’t I accomplish my goals as well? I immediately ran outside to start working on my own personal goals.