Being Henry David by Cal Armistead

The book "Being Henry David" by Cal Armistead is about a teenage boy who wakes up in New York City at Penn Station with nothing in his possession, besides ten dollars and the book, "Walden" by Henry David Thoreau. He doesn't remember who he is, or where he's from.
I liked the light, sarcastic overtones throughout the book, because this is something that young readers really enjoy and search for. Armistead has very interesting descriptions. The conclusion was disturbingly beautiful.
A sentence that stuck out to me was when Jack said, "Choosing life means choosing pain, and I'm not strong enough", (301) because its honest and inspirational.
I would advice Armistead to stay away from repeated descriptions. I feel like Armistead fails to show Hank's emotion and shock in the beginning. She also fails to pick up the pace at times to avoid losing the reader.
Overall, I would recommend this book to young readers. I give this book four stars. I would recommend this book to nature, book, and mystery lovers.