Marley and Me by John Gordan | Teen Ink

Marley and Me by John Gordan

May 22, 2018
By AlyseM BRONZE, Monroe, Wisconsin
AlyseM BRONZE, Monroe, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This book was about a new married husband and wife, who want to have some responsibilities together. The couple ends up getting a new dog, and they named it Marley. Marley isn’t just an ordinary dog, he is kind of stubborn. The family loves the dog so much, but they know that he needs to be trained. They take him to a dog school, but that experience didn’t help much at all. The couple didn’t know what to do. Marley finally started to age and act more mature. He still was loud and obnoxious as before, but  Marley wasn’t getting into as much trouble as before.


One of the biggest problems in this book is when Jenny (the wife), ends up having a miscarriage. Jenny and her husband are very devastated and just keep trying to  focus on Marley. It’s hard for them to get past this, but they still keep on trying. A highlight  in the story occurs   when Jenny does become pregnant. The husband and wife are so excited and happy that they are being able to have a baby and that it worked out for them to have a baby.  They both really need to make sure Marley is in tip top shape for this baby.

 

The climax of this book is when Marley is getting really sick. The family was very concerned and didn’t want to lose their best friend. At the end of this book, the family takes Marley to the vet because he wasn’t feeling so well. They were praying for Marley to get better because they loved him so much. Jenny and her husband didn’t want to lose their bestfriend.


I would definitely, without hesitation, give this book a 10/10 because it has many themes, but one of the best in this story is the impact of love. Marley displayed to the family unconditional love and created a better relationships with both the husband and wife.

 

This book gave me a perspective on how much your dog or animal really loves you and the bond you both share. This book shows us how much our love can impact others lives. My opinion on this book was very strong. In my perspective, I feel that this book is great for dog lovers, or any animal lovers. I was really touched by this book. It gave my many emotions, happy and sad, but it's definitely a good one to read.  I would recommend this book if you’re a dog person, or any type of animal person. This book did have mostly happy parts and  some sad parts, but this book is definitely one to read and definitely one of my favorites.