Everything For Her by Alexa Riley | Teen Ink

Everything For Her by Alexa Riley

January 16, 2018
By Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
15 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is a really scary thing, and you never know what's going to happen. It's one of the most beautiful things in life, but it's one of the most terrifying. It's worth the fear because you have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people, and you have memories. - Ariana Grande"


To me, the awesome thing about this book is that though it was meant to be a romance, it was also a suspense book as well! Don't believe me? Then let's see what it's about!

Mallory was an orphan as a child in lived in an orphanage. Despite all of that, she got a full scholorship to the college of her dreams, and right as she was set to graduate, she got an internship at one of the most prestigious office's in the world. To say she is happy in an understatement, she is absolutely enthralled.

"From the beginning, I knew that she would be my greatest achievement, so the day I let her go, I set down a path for her.
A path to me.
No one knows it's been me behind the curtain, pulling the strings. I've constructed everything in our lives so that at the perfect moment, I could have her.
The time has come."

 

Now onto Miles part of the story (or, as he is known at the beginning of the book as the secretive Oz). The quote pretty much explains it all. He is very obssesive over Mallory and she hasn't even met him. He met her when she was about to graduate high school and he was about the graduate college. He has watched her since then and has (as stated above) set down a path for her that will lead her to him. Now that she works in his office, that time has come.

As you can foresee, Mallory eventually meets Miles and they bond instantly (well...I guess she does, he already knows her, ya know?). As his secrets come out (no, nothing earth shattering), she isn't sure she wants to be with Miles.

“I sit in front of her door all night.
And all day Sunday.
And all night Sunday.”

But guys, as creepy as all of that must have just sounded, when you read the book it really isn't. Just believe me, when you read the book you will fall in love with Miles because he honestly says/does the sweetest things. I mean, the man loves his mother to pieces and treats her like a queen, what more can we ask for? Plus, he does mean well, he just doesn't want to lose someone that means alot to him (love at first sight is what we'll call this).

The end of this book is hoenstly one of the sweetest/best things I have read. I just made me so happy for them!

"The first time I saw you, I thought I'd woken up in the land of Oz, It was like seeing color for the first time.

That all seems like alot to take in I know, and I don't want to spoil it for you, so I'll leave out all of the important plot twists that will literally blow your mind. Just read.this.book.