All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven | Teen Ink

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

January 16, 2018
By 94oblivion BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
94oblivion BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

People usually don't prefer reading or watching sad stories but this one is definitely worth reading and i promise, you won't regret it. it has adventure, drama, romance. genre - young adult fiction.


this book has also received the best young adult fiction 2015 award.


i would like to include a quote from the book itself which highlights the story in a beautiful and clear manner; it goes like this -" the thing i realize is that, it's not what you take, it's what you leave."

the main characters in the story are Theodore Finch and Violet Markey (Ultra Violet ReMarkeyable a nickname given to her by Finch). two teenagers obsessed with suicide, trying to save each other and escape life. you will find Finch mentioning some real life incidents and cases of suicides in the story. He also discusses the black hole and blue holes. as you read you will fall in love with Finch's words and his character. it ultimately has a sad but happy ending. love for reading? go ahead and let the story consume you. even if you are a non reader once you read this book you will definetly fall in love with reading.

hope you give this book a try and love it.~


The author's comments:

i personally don't prefer reading sad stories because what i believe is unsatisfying endings are only meant for real life people; not fictional characters because at least if we don't get a happy ending we can create it for characters we love. but it was different with this story, at some point everybody gets tired of life or they way it's going and at least for a moment we think about quitting life; i found myself at that point and it was when i started with this book. as i went along the first page, it began like this- "Is today a perfect day to die? if not today then when?" these line caught me like nothing; i had to read this book. as i kept reading, it was very clear what was going to happen in the story next but when it did happen, i couldn't believe it. i read that chapter twice and thrice still couldn't accept what was happening. but finally when the book was near the end it seemed all so clear now why what had happened and i wouldn't regret it. it was just lovely. i would recommend this book to everybody; you will definitely love it.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 3 comments.


on Jan. 17 2018 at 9:55 am
94oblivion BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
1 article 0 photos 3 comments
I am really glad to hear that. Hope you enjoy reading the book. ^^~

Umema said...
on Jan. 17 2018 at 7:43 am
I'm going to read this,or was gonna rread anyway but your review got me on board.

Umema said...
on Jan. 17 2018 at 7:43 am
I'm going to read this,or was gonna rread anyway but your review got me on board.