All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven | Teen Ink

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

By TeaOnPluto PLATINUM, Dublin, Other
TeaOnPluto PLATINUM, Dublin, Other

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven is a book that you won't put down. The novel follows Eleanor McCarthy and Theodore Finch, two teenagers who meet at the top of the school bell tower, both struggling to find their place in life. From two very different backgrounds, the two form a strong bond over time, and we begin to uncover what led them to where they are now. Theodore's world begins to shrink, as Eleanor's is only starting to grow. When one begins to spiral, will they be able to save each other?

Follow Theodore and Eleanor's journey across Indiana, visiting the not-so-famous landmarks, as they leave behind a piece of themselves with every trip. As their relationship grows, watch them open up and support each other as the outside world grows more and more distant.

All The Bright Places looks at mental illness in young people through loss, identity and heartbreak. The novel takes us through two people's lives, with two different scenarios. The story shows the importance of friendship and love, as the character's stories leave a strong impact on the reader. All The Bright Places tells us the unsugarcoated story of two people at breaking point, and how important it is that these people have support.

Jennifer Niven has written this beautifully, bringing in humour and sarcasm, as well as honesty and wisdom. The topic of Mental health and love provide a captivating, but emotional read.

This book is recommended for 16+ readers.