The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne | Teen Ink

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

By Denya BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Denya BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

In my opinion the author did a great job on the book. I was able to understand what was going on through the journey of Bruno and Shmuel. One thing that I really liked is that he gave you great description on telling what was happening in that precise moment. The characterization of Bruno which who was the main character was really adventurous and smart and liked learning things about his surrounding he was a really curious boy. On the other hand Shmuel had this face of sadness.The plot structure of the story was easy to follow most of the part. You will be able to understand what the character is trying to express and be able to feel exactly what they are feeling. What I personally learn from this book is that it give you and idea of how the people treated the jewish and how they were discriminated by their religion.  “‘ All we get to do is sit here and talk”(Boyne 179) This relates on what I had said previously that they weren’t able to act like little kids, but once you get more into the book you will be able to understand better. “ the more Bruno watched him the more he was sure that catastrophe was going to strike”(Boyne 143)  I really like this quote because it gives you a vivid image on how Bruno sees the things and notices stuff that the other family members aren’t able to see or just don’t care about their surroundings. At the end I recommend this book to the people that  like Historical fiction I believe that they would enjoy the reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas book due to its historical background.