The Murder Business by Mark Fuhrman | Teen Ink

The Murder Business by Mark Fuhrman

By Cally123 BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
Cally123 BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan

The nonfiction book The Murder Business by Mark Fuhrman is written based upon how the media intervenes with the truth of law. Mark Fuhrman is a former LAPD detective and now a FOX newscaster, who writes many popular books, one including The Murder in Brentwood. The book that I read over the summer covers the idea of all the murder trials that are unjustified and all the hidden secrets. It mentions the O.J Simpson trial, the Drew Petersons trial, the Caylee Anthony case etc. Mark Fuhrmans intentions for writing this book is to inform his readers of the cases and the unjust ways they were solved and how the media corrupts the truth. There are cases based on kidnappings, cold blooded murder and even, cover up murders. One case that really interested me was the Vince Foster trial. No one knows who killed him, and he was a White House Counsel. They didn't take the time of day to figure out why he died. It was a very secretive case. Another case is the Melinda Duckett trial;  her son has been missing and so she went on the Nancy Grace show. Shockingly, Grace accused Melinda of the kidnapping of her own son. Which then led to her committing suicide from all the hate and negative comments she was receiving, or even out of guilt. There are many stories to check out about how the media can interrupt ongoing police investigations. In my personal opinion, I find this book very entertaining and informational because I’ve always heard about the O.J Simpson case, but never had a true meaning of what he was accused of and how the trail was presented. I never knew much about this, how media corrupts and interfere with investigations, but now that I know I want to keep reading. I want to form my own opinions. Honestly I think a lot of young people should read this, to see how quickly a bad image can be portrayed through the media.