The Crossover by Kwame Alexander | Teen Ink

The Crossover by Kwame Alexander

By ShyanneThompson BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
ShyanneThompson BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

I never paid much attention to the sport of basketball, until I read this novel-in-verse called, “The Crossover”. Kwame Alexander made this book so Rythementic. This book changed my whole opinion on the lives who play basketball in general.

In The Crossover, Josh and JB are twin sons of Chuck bell or should I say “Da Man”. In this page turning exciting book, Josh and JB are brothers and they are in middle school. I mean come on they're like the most Popular kids in their entire school. JB or shall I say Jordan Bell, and Josh Bell make a bet and Josh loses the bet. Well I can say he loves his dreads but jordan decided to goof around. So sadly he had to lose his locks.

This book was written in Josh’s point of view. So he tells you how he feels about everything. But in this SAD and INSPIRATIONAL book Jb and Josh share the same bond with their father. Like their backboard. I mean nothing could ever get in between their relationship. Right?

This author's style of writing will have your eyes peeled to the each page and every word. This book will change your mind on what basketball is and what it really means. 

This book inspired me to think after all, family comes first and is more meaningful than your special tricks and jokes.