Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally | Teen Ink

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

August 26, 2017
By Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
15 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is a really scary thing, and you never know what's going to happen. It's one of the most beautiful things in life, but it's one of the most terrifying. It's worth the fear because you have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people, and you have memories. - Ariana Grande"


Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally is truly rare. How many books do you know that contain a female football player? I can only think of one (other than this one). Boy does this book hook you in. It starts off during a football game. This is Jordan's senior year of high school so she wants to do her best as captain so her dream college (Alabama) will take notice of her as the football player she is, and not just as a female. All of the players on her team respect her for who she is, a really great football player. But her and Henry are best friends. So much so that they have sleep over's together and they sleep in the same bed, head to toe.

“Later that night, Henry slept over at our house. He has always stayed in Mike's room, but in the middle of the night, Henry sneaked into my bed because he's had a horrible dream he's been eaten by a whale.
He's stayed in my room ever since.”

But during Jordan's senior year, a new player comes named 'Ty' and he wants to be quarterback just as much as Jordan does. But Jordan feels something towards Ty, that she has never felt before. Eventually, she starts dating Ty but it just doesn't feel right to her. She starts thinking back to Henry.

“All those nights of sharing a bed
All those times he put an arm around me
All the things he's done to make my happy
...encouraging me to give Ty a chance
He must really love me if he'll watch me date another guy just to ensure I'm happy"

Eventually, Henry and Jordan get into a fight and stop talking. Jordan's dad talks to her

“Jordan, he's loved you forever. It's obvious. Have you not seen how he stares at you?”

You will need to read the book to figure out the ending though. All in all, I thought this was a super sweet book and I thought that both Henry and Ty were great people.