Famous In Love by Rebecca Serle | Teen Ink

Famous In Love by Rebecca Serle

By ash_larkins BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
ash_larkins BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina

"The secret of becoming a writer is to write, write, and keep on writing." ~Ken MacLead

I finished reading the Novel by Rebecca Serle back in May, and despite my first thoughts on the book, I did like it enough to purchase the second book in the series, Truly, Madly, Famously. I started the novel, guiltily I must admit because I saw advertisements for the show on Freeform. I have enjoyed other series that have aired on Freeform in the past and was excited to watch Famous In Love. It wasn't until I was talking to a friend that I realized it was a book. Like all loyal readers, I had to read the book before I could allow myself to watch the first episode of the new Freeform series.

The start of the book was a bit slow for me. I should start by saying that I don't typically read realistic fiction. I do occasionally catch myself in the act, but for the most part it tends to bore me. This may make me a bit biased towards this novel, but hopefully you will take my honest opinion to heart. Continuing, I found it hard to keep reading in the beginning. It wasn't until about a 100 pages in and the love story began to bud, that I really got hooked. I felt that this could be overlooked based on the excellent ending to the story. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything. Serle did an excellent job at wrapping the story up with a cliff hanger and a major decision that will keep you guessing.

As for the characters in the story. I am a person who judges books harshly based on how easy it is to connect with the characters in the story. For me, the more real a character feels, the more deeply I can connect with the book. In Famous In Love, Paige Townsen and her two lovers Jordan Wilder and Rainer Devon are fairly easy to connect with. I wouldn't say that I was blown away, but I definitely understood the pain, sadness, and embarrassment of the characters.

I know a few of you are dying to hear my reaction to the book vs. show, but I think it is pretty challenging considering the two are so completely different! Comment your thoughts on this, without any spoilers!

Overall, I would give Famous In Love 3 out of 5 stars. This review was seen first on my blog!

A quick short, sweet, to the point review on the novel by Rebecca Serle. I don't usually read this genre, but I gave it a try! If you want to know more about the book, let me know!