Eleanor&Park by Rainbow Rowell | Teen Ink

Eleanor&Park by Rainbow Rowell

January 11, 2017
By Sara1998 BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois
Sara1998 BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Eleanor & Park is a young adult fiction novel written by Rainbow Rowell. The book tells the love story between Eleanor, a sixteen-year-old girl with curly red hair and Park, a sixteen-year-old half-Korean boy. When Eleanor gets on the bus on her first day of school, everyone laughs at her because of the way she dresses and her curly red hair, and so does Park. Yet Eleanor somehow ends up sitting next to Park, which is super awkward. At first, the two teenagers do not talk to each other at all. But through the connection of comic books and music tapes in the 90s, Eleanor and Park become friends and eventually a lovely couple.
       

I think Eleanor & Park is an interesting book to read because it is written in two perspectives. The text shifts perspective from Eleanor’s to Park’s throughout the story. Despite the perspective change, I find it easy following the story. I also like the story itself a lot. I have read other romance books before, but this one touches me the most. The love between Eleanor and Park is an ordinary story. Yet through the author’s well-crafted language, the story becomes compelling and captivating. People will find the purest love and feel emotionally connected when reading the story. I would recommend this book to people who are looking for a cute romance story because this book will for sure make you smile.