Paper Towns by John Green | Teen Ink

Paper Towns by John Green

Dear, Teen Ink

The book i'm writing to you about is Paper Towns, Written by John Green. Green has been a successful author, with many other books you may know the title of. Looking For Alaska, The Fault In Our Stars, An Abundance Teen has wrote that have become very successful. Two of his best sellers Fault In Our Stars, and Paper Towels have become  very successful movies also. So you can say he is a very successful author.

The book Paper Towns,is about two childhood neighbors named Margo and Quentin. Two polar opposite personalities, but yet they fit so well together. Margo is and outgoing daring girl, that will do anything if it means she can get a good story out of it. While Margo is out having an extravagant adventure, Question is most likely hanging out with his two best friends Radar and Ben. Either talking about margo, and trying to predict what crazy adventure she is on now. Or just talking and not trying to get into any trouble and hanging on the Downlow of the social triangle. Green did a very good job with the varieties or character he has created in this book, they are all believable and relatable to people reading the book.

Throughout the book Green makes you feel so many different emotions. Some chapters you feel so happy for all of the happy teens, than others one thing happens and the entire mood of the book changes. For example when Quentin and margo spent the entire night riding around in a minivan,having an adventure. Quentin was a little hesitant helping margo with her sneaky plans, but eventually  she convinced him it would be the best night of his life. “I tried to blink away the awe, but she saw the way he was looking at her and smirked at me. “Basically,” she said, “this is going to be the best night of your life.” [49] And the next morning the entire mood of the book changed. “Quentin,” my mom asked, “did you see Margo on Wednesday night?” [138]

“Margo’s mom answered, her voice shrill. “Well,” she said, “it seems that Margo has run away. Again.” [140] The mood changes that happen so fast, keep the book intriguing and makes you want to read more to see what the ending result is. Do they find her? What clues does she leave behind? What is the plan to find her? All questions you ask during this part of the book, and many other parts that keep you on the edge of your seat.

Once you got to the end of the book and the mystery with it, it was very satisfying finding out how everything unfolded. Green made the book so when you read it, it makes you feel like you are in the book with the characters experiencing the journey. Reading isn't my favorite thing in the world, and it's very hard for me to find a book I love. Paper Towns is one of the best books i've read, and the reason is the plot line of the story and how its told. The wait till the end was so worth it!

After reading the book, I decided to watch the movie as well to get the entire picture of the story on screen. Watching the movie made me fall in love with the book more. It made it a reality to watch it unfold on my TV. The one thing I would of changed was how ,much detail was in the book vs the movie. They left out some key concepts and the movie would've possibly move smoother with them added into it.

Overall I rate Paper Towns by John Green, A solid B. I love that plot and how he put this story together. All the different personalities of the characters and the abilities when they all work together. The book and movie really compliment each other in many ways, both help tell the story in similar ways. Overall I loved reading this book, and recommend it for every age group and most reading levels. Thank you John Green for such a great book!