The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis | Teen Ink

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

I’m doing this series in chronological order not published order. As this might read as the first book it is actually the second.

In the era of war, children were evacuated from major cities to live on farms with people they have never met before. It was one of the hardest decisions a mother would have to make. But with her husband at the front lines, she had to spent nights hugging her children in their bomb shelter. With that in mind, she sends her children on a train out of the city, in hopes to see her children again. Mrs. Pevensie, like many other mothers, sent her four children away to live with an old professor. Her children Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, were in for one of the greatest adventure of their life.

Lucy, the youngest was the first to enter. Exploring the house, she decided to stay a little longer in the room with nothing in it but a big wooden wardrobe. Going inside the wardrobe she did not shut the door, because it would be very foolish to lock oneself in a wardrobe, she discovered the magical world of Narnia. There she makes friends with a Fraun named Mr. Tumnus, and hurried back to tell her siblings. Yet when she got back no time has passed at all. Unhappily none of her siblings believed her. Even Edmund, the outcast of the family and the bitter brother, followed Lucy to Narnia denied its existence. Until the oldest children (Susan and Peter) talked to the professor who sent their heads straight. “Either your sister is telling lies, or she is mad, or she is telling the truth. You know she doesn’t tell lies and it is obvious that she is not mad. For the moment them and unless any further evidence turns up, we must assume that she is telling the truth.” He explained. Believing in their sister, all four of them wind up in Narnia together. There the four of them have a challenge to face as the White Witch, who claims herself the Queen of Narnia want the four of them dead, due to the prophesy that two sons of Adam, and two daughters of eve will rule Narnia, at the should be a capital at Cair Paravel. The lion Aslan will rise again to help defeat the White Witch, and crown the true Kings and Queens.

This book made way more since then the first. This is the true plot line of Narnia as it follows Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy and how they came to Narnia. The book language is different than what we used today, but it is still easy enough to understand. The author still breaks the fourth wall as he casually talks to the readers by reminding them what happen in the last chapter. It is weird, but okay as it helps tie the story together better. This book was also adapted into a movie in 2005 rated PG, but should have been rated higher due to some of the content in the movie. It was a nice story following four siblings who banded together to fight the force of evil, and restore the fate in the land they discovered in a wardrobe.

Now the real story of Narnia begins...