Fablehaven by Brandon Mull | Teen Ink

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

May 2, 2016
By Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York
Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York
92 articles 7 photos 105 comments

Favorite Quote:
Truth has many shades. It's not a matter of black and white, but many grays.


When asked to review products, books, and establshments, you are asked to give a score based on stars (example: 4 out of five stars), but it is entirely unfair to ask me how many stars I want to give Brandon Mull for his Fablehaven series. I just can't give it ONLY five lousy stars!!!

This series contains suspense, mythical creatures, plot twists, betrayal, romance (Only a little bit), action and happy endings (although Brandon Mull leaves a cliff hanger when the series ends).

I reccommend this book to everyone, even if you don't like reading, you'll enjoy these books!

I really want to tell you everything, but I'll tell you enough to want to read it:

Kendra and Seth (Kendra's brother) go to stay with their grandparents while their parents go on a cruise. They believe that their grandfather is harsh and strict by  banning them from the woods, well, Seth does anyway. 

Seth, being stubborn and sort of troublesome, heads into the woods, unaware and blind to what lurks in the woods. He stumbles upon a strange, almost toothless, old lady that lives in a shack. He runs away from her, but not unscathed.

When Seth lures Kendra into the woods, they stumble upon a beautiful park that their grandfather has been hiding. He, the grandfather has his reasons, but keeps them from his grandchildren, or until they magically have their eyes opened to the real world that their grandfather upkeeps on his property.

As the first book goes on, dangerous happenings take place that include chickens, demons, witches, trolls, kidnappings and near Armageddon.

Read this series! It is a page turner and addictive. It is an easy read and it gets intense. You'll like it.