See Me by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

See Me by Nicholas Sparks

By Nicole1110 SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
Nicole1110 SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana

"People always get used to beauty, though." "I haven't gotten used to you just yet," Augustus Waters

Most people feel that Nicholas Sparks writes the same old stories. Still hopeless romantics read his books because they sense a familiarity about them. It is something they want, a fantasy they have. Everyone wants that fantasy, we want that feeling. Then we all get sad and upset when we realize that's all it is, a fantasy. Well yes this book, See Me, is very much of a fantasy. But at some points it doesn't seem that way. It seemed like parts of it could really happen, or maybe already had happened for some people. This book wasn't one of Sparks's same old stories, it was different. I don't want to spoil the book for you, but even if you think all of his books are the same you should read this book. Trust me it is not like the others.

First off the characters were very well described. Yes, Colin the male character did seem like a fantasy but if you look around there are men who look like him, probably have the same issues as him, and maybe kind like him you just gotta find that one person. He's out there, maybe Sparks wrote the book based on someone he knows. Or not but maybe he was trying to show that we always judge people before we really get to know them. If Maria gave up on him because she judged him then there would have not been a point to the book. Again I don't want to spoil it but this could be real life. You could have that relationship. Plus you want to read this because at the end I seriously thought I was crazy, you probably will to when you read this next part, but I literally was on the edge of my chair talking to the book! I know crazy but that is how much Sparks got me, the reader, into the book. I felt like I was right there with the characters, wishing that I could do something to help. I haven't had a book make me feel this way in a very long time, and I was definitely not expecting it from a Sparks book. Point being get this book read is, and don't judge until you finish reading. It's worth it, trust me I never read such a big book in two days in my life. Not even when I was cramming a book in because I had a test the next day on the whole book for English class and hadn't read a page yet. This book will make you feel like you have come alive again. It will put hope back in your dating life. Okay maybe that was a little cheesy but seriously just read this book, it's great and I give it 5 stars!