On Writing by Stephen King | Teen Ink

On Writing by Stephen King

February 1, 2016
By Brittkay BRONZE, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Brittkay BRONZE, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To love another person is to see the face of God" -Fantine, Les Misérables


On Writing by Stephen King proved that writing about writing is not dead. It was not only fascinating to read a master of the craft detailing his experience with it, but also insightful to see into the world of a successful author; a world not as pristine and worry-free we tend to imagine for our role models. King employed a unique strategy of incorporating autobiographical elements into his novel, taking the reader step by step through snapshots of his life and following through with an explanation of how they impacted his writing. As harsh as it may sound, hearing about King himself struggling in the industry is inspiring to me and, I presume, any aspiring writer.

His impeccable work in fiction aside, Stephen's accounts of his life and personal testimonies can make one believe in purpose and miracles again. On Writing is a raw novel where the author takes apart the complications of his life and puts them back together to teach important lessons infused with the passion of writing that he shares with his audience.

King absolutely lived up to his reputation in these pages. This book belongs to a select group of novels that have the power to connect the reader to the master behind the words so deeply. On Writing is not a new book, but created for me a new reverence for what was already so close to my heart.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.