Angels and Demons by Dan Brown This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Imagine being on a mystifying adventure through Europe. Who is your companion? The infamous Robert Langdon, whom you may recognize from the best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code. This prequel, however, is just as gripping and fantastic. Initially readers may pick up this book because of the movie success of Da Vinci, but Angels and Demons turns out to be a hidden gem eclipsed by Brown’s other work.

Unlike Da Vinci, Angels and Demons leans more toward the science geek, as well as being packed full of Brown’s trademark historical details. This book is an enticing read enjoyable for all ages and is a must-read for those who take pleasure in twisted cliffhangers with a grand bombshell at the end.

As with Da Vinci, the style keeps readers in suspense, and they are compelled to continue turning pages. The story goes quickly, leaving readers hungry for more. The first chapter reveals a scene so lurid that audiences are instantly captivated. Angels and Demons reels readers in as easily as children to an ice cream parlor, and the experience is just as sweet.

In addition to the twisting appeal of Angels and Demons, one has to respect Brown’s skill; he is indisputably one of the most historically correct authors of this decade. The tone of this book changes appropriately, setting the story’s pace. Countless readers have stayed up well past their bedtime to uncover the next scene, which can almost never be said about a novel that presents historical facts.

Angels and Demons can be enjoyed by religious idealists and scientists alike. Who knew these groups would have a common topic to discuss at the water cooler?

Play the detective on a whirlwind journey that will leave you staggering with each roadblock. You’ll find yourself swooped up in an adventure that drops you off in another world.

Anyone interested in the talents of Dan Brown should pick up Angels and Demons immediately.

Eduwriter said...
May 25, 2012 at 1:44 pm:
This is a very well written review - thanks for this!

laura28772 said...
What a fantastic review! You have definitely convinced me to read this book! :)

veds275 said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 4:48 am:
It's a totally awesome book!!..eventhough the movie is a bit disappointing!!...but the book is beautifully written with all the facts intact..!!...i really respect Mr. Dan Brown's skills and the hardwork behind the book!

prettylittlewriter said...
Wow, I have to read this book! You make it sound really good. You should be a journalist, who reviews movies and books. I recommend you read: Fallen by Lauren Kate. Very good book

decievinghimesama said...
May 17, 2011 at 5:53 am:
This is one of the good book reviews I've read.

babyblue16 said...

This book review is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work. I think I'm going to read Angels and Demons.

EmilyClark This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 11:01 am:
I didn't like the book that much because I thought the style wasn't very good. I liked your review though and the way the language flows!

Brendan Bagwell said...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 8:53 am:
Cool... I'll probabaly check it out... Ey man, not bad writing... Love how you knew how to grasp us while telling how the book was able to grasp you... Nice...

Wikihook said...
May 30, 2010 at 3:01 pm:
yep a good book I also read an article very intristing here wikihook.com

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 8, 2010 at 8:51 am:
Loved this book!  I liked the Da Vinci Code better though because I like history more than science, and this one is more science-oriented.  Still, amazing book.

PrimerX said...
Feb. 1, 2010 at 8:28 am:
Its a sick awsome beast book

dReameRboy13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
If you all liked The Da Vinci Code, and Angels and Demons, The Lost Symbol is a MUST READ!

eddsworldrocks said...
wicked! Uh oh nap attack! zzzzzzzzzz

Anj16 said...
Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:25 am:
Angels and Demons is genius.

jesss95 said...
Jul. 18, 2009 at 6:14 pm:
this book was amazing i still have to watch the movie to see how it is!

WritingRocksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2009 at 1:52 pm:
I haven't read the book, but I have seen the movie. I thought the movie was really good, but my friend, who HAS read the book, said that they messed up a lot of parts.

Maryann K. said...
Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:32 am:
I have read The Ad Vinci Code, is was a great piece of work. I still have to read Angels and Demons.

mimi:) said...
May 24, 2009 at 8:22 pm:
this movie was worth seeing but not worth buying when it comes out

CressFerriera said...
May 18, 2009 at 1:28 pm:
The movie came out! I read the book a few years ago

Whitney said...
May 15, 2009 at 4:48 pm:
I just starting reading it today. It's a little confusing. I hope it's not like that throughout the entire book.