All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl #3) by Cecily von Ziegesar | Teen Ink

All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl #3) by Cecily von Ziegesar

November 17, 2015
By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
293 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many books, so little time"


Living life as fabulously as these girls is hard. Not only do they have to keep up with the latest gossip, fashion trends, and know where to go on Saturday night. On top of that they have to be academic and keep their high GPA in the hopes of Ivy League Universities accepting them. People like Blair Waldorf takes everything to the extreme, knowing she has to be perfect for Yale to accept her now.  On the other had her best friend Serena, kind of wants to get into Brown, but she rather have fun, stay out late during the nights, and come to school late. The two super stars are giving their friendship one more try, let’s hope neither sleeps with the other’s boyfriend this time.

Nate left Blair for freshmen big boobed Jenny, who even though he likes her, cannot get over Blair, as he holds Jenny hand but gets distracted by how hot Blair had gotten since he left her. For Jenny it’s just a dream come true, as the hottest boy in New York has fallen in love with her. She follows Nate around like a little puppy, not caring that every time they go somewhere he is stoned out of his mind. Blair, who cannot stand the fact the person she was supposed to marry left her for a freshmen, tries to make Nate jealous as she flirts with new guy Miles, who is friends with her new step-brother Aaron. On the other side of town Vanessa and Dan are getting it on. Childhood friends turned lovers, Dan is over Serena, and is glad Vanessa knows how important his poetry is to him. What Vanessa does not get is why Dan won’t have sex with her. For Dan sex is the ultimate poetic expense, one he should not have until he feels ready, but Vanessa does not wait. With Dan currently in a writer’s block, he believes having sex with Vanessa will cure it, too bad he waited too long. With new hot singer Flow chasing after Serena, they are all happy it is Christmas break, as they all need to go down south for a little vacation.

Cecily von Ziegesar perfected the phrase “truing a mountain from a mole hill”, as well as Newton’s third law “every actions has a reaction”.  Nothing these kids can do will cause nothing for the rest. Serena dances with Flow at one party, and now he is obsesses over her, sending gifts to her house every day. Vanessa took a shot of two loves in the park, and suddenly Dan is writing a poem called “Sluts” about her. Blair spends the entire book worrying about Yale, as she is trying to write an essay about her hero Audrey Hepburn, in the hopes to get back into Yale’s good grace. The one thing the characters don’t play much attention to is Gossip Girl. This blogger is stalking their every move, and spreading rumors on the internet, and yet none of them seem to care. With Serena using Gossip Girl’s line “you know you love me” it seems that she is closer to them then they think. With Jenny and Nate saying “I love you” for the first time, Jenny goes a little crazy showing Nate the portraits she pained of him in her bedroom, as well as sending him a care package with a lock of her hair in it, while he was away during the break. Big news from Blair’s and Aaron’s family, makes Aaron’s feelings for Blair a big “No-No” and sends him running to a certain blonde girl who is looking for a good time. With Gossip Girl catching it all this “air-head” novel is a great summer as its light, quick, and non-deep plot to get into.


The author's comments:

What else do you have to do in life then gossip?