The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien | Teen Ink

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

November 17, 2015
By andrewyoung BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois
andrewyoung BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

The Hobbit is a childrens fantasy adventure novel. The main character is Bilbo Baggins, a man like creature that is very short. He lives a very peaceful life until a wizard named Gandalf, and about a dozen dwarves come to his home and request his help on an adventure to reclaim the dwarves homeland and treasure from a dragon.

Although it's a children's novel, anyone can enjoy this book, especially lovers of fantasy. Tolkien wrote the book in such a way that it feels like he's in a room with you telling a story. And it's not just how he tells it, it's also what he's telling. The characters in this book are so fantastic. Bilbo is a loveable hobbit experiencing all sorts of adventures, and though him we explore the world of Middle-Earth. Both the dwarves and Bilbo want similar things. Bilbo wants to go home, and the dwarves want to reclaim the home.

With fantasy, the ending is often never the point. It's more often about exploring a large and magical worlds and different people, but with this book, we get a grand journey and a happy, simple ending that satisfies. We get to see how good hearted Bilbo is. The songs, poems, and mythology is all told to us in a way that only a master could do it. Easy and enjoyable for children and any fan of fantasy needs to read it. A true classic.


The author's comments:

I recently read this book and fell in love with it. This is my first published book review. Hope you enjoy!


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.