Island of Fog by Keith Robinson

Island of Fog is a wonderful, gripping novel that left me spellbound after finishing it. There are nine books in the series, and I have read them all countless times.

This book is little-known, but it deserves to be a bestseller, even a movie. Although, I love being the only person I know who has read it. It's my own private little world, and people won't talk about it and make it into something it isn't, make the characters into something they aren't.

And on the subject of characters, this is where I find one of the only flaws I've seen. The main character, Hal, is a bit of a Gary Stu. It doesn't bother me that much when I'm reading, but it is noticeable.

My personal favorite character was Abigail, a snarky, sarcastic, and curious girl who is thought to be a brat by most of the other kids. She develops incredibly throughout the story, and I feel kind of like I've sort of connected with her. To me, that's the mark of a good book, and an exceptional character.

As for the plot, Island of Fog is a post-apocalyptic, science fiction/fantasy (Can't exactly decide which...) novel, although you don't learn this until the middle of the story.
Nine children have lived all their lives on a small island covered in fog, never given answers about why they were here, and what the outside world was like. As they grow older, they begin to get more curious, and when a mysterious stranger comes to the island, asking them strange questions, they decide it's time to learn the truth. But there is something strange happening to them, and they don't know what to think, or who to tell.

This book has almost no low ratings, and I think everyone will enjoy it. Go read it! It won't be a waste of time, I promise. (Plus, it's free on Kindle...)

Keith Robinson is a very talented author, and there's not one book I've read by him that I haven't enjoyed.

thrillqueen126This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thanks both of you! And yes, @HammadWaseem I will.

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11, 2016 at 12:12 am
Thats great btw will you rate and comment on my teen ink video work named, "The Unbeatable Breakdancer"? @thrillqueen126 :)

SonderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7, 2016 at 9:07 am
Wow. You're really good with reviews, I suppose I'm tempted to give the series a read. Good work!

Just wondering... it says 17 people recommend this at the bottom, does that mean they recommend my review, or the actual book?