Columbine by Dave Cullen | Teen Ink

Columbine by Dave Cullen

May 21, 2015
By XandiRu BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
XandiRu BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
No one notices until you're gone.


The book Columbine by Dave Cullen is very intriguing. This story gives you several mixed feelings and is a heavy read. It tells of the shooting at Columbine High School in 1999, the victims, the shooters, investigators, and many others that were affected by this tragedy. Columbine simply explains the two shooters, Eric and Dylan, from information given by friends and or from reading their journals.
This story tells of what happened before, throughout, and after the shooting. It puts readers into the shoes of those experiencing this tragedy, giving us their every viewpoint, emotion, etc. Victims are constantly seen throughout the investigations, each having a different story or viewpoint. Most know little of this tragedy, and I was one of those people. I read Columbine because I wanted to know about the tragedy, the shooters, the victims, and everything after that. Columbine is full of countless information and stories, all true.
Remember to always have someone nearby as you read. This book sucks you in, putting you into the exact scene, and feeling everything. It is not an easy thing to read, and the effects are 10 times as worse when you read alone. I speak from experience. If you want to find out more about the Columbine shooting in 1999, I would highly recommend reading this book.