True Colors by Kristin Hannah | Teen Ink

True Colors by Kristin Hannah

By ShadowRanger GOLD, Berrysburg, Pennsylvania
ShadowRanger GOLD, Berrysburg, Pennsylvania

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." -Harriet Tubman

I just got done reading the book and i just could not put it down. As i was reading, i could visualize everything. It was like a movie playing in my head.

The book is about three sisters all trying to find themselves and never lose the sight of family. Aurora is already married with two kids. Vivi Ann is dating someone who Winona the other sister has always had a crush on and loved which is Luke. Luke fell head over heels in love with Vivi after only three months of dating. Luke asked to marry Vivi and she didn't accept because she didn't love him the way he loved her. The ranch was slowly falling apart and they needed a new ranch hand. Winona wanted to take that into her own hands.

Along came an Indian named Dallas. People judged him but that didn't bother him at all. Vivi, Aurora and Winona went out to drink one night and Dallas was working there. He saw Vivi, asked her to dance and then kissed her. From there they instantly fell in love. But, she was still together with Luke. Because of his race and color, the town and her father didn't like them so close. Said that it was a disgrace to the family. So she said she would marry Luke but still all she thought about was Dallas.

Finally, one night she couldn't take it anymore. She went to Dallas and from their they made love. After Vivi broke it off with Luke, her and Dallas got married. They also had a baby boy who they named Noah. I should've mentioned this earlier Dallas was always known for his bad temper. But, Vivi always calmed him down and he truly loved her, he always did.

One day around Christmas Eve, Cat Morgan gets murdered. Everyone automatically thinks Dallas did it. He is taken away and no matter of appeals or anything could get him out. Vivi didn't give up on him and she kept going back for years. Until, he decided that it was time she stop, move on, and get a divorce.

Years later, her son who is now a teen brings up his dad. Noah is trying to find information out about his dad because he's been gone most of his life. No one really tells him anything so he takes it into his own hands. He hires his Aunt Winona to try and get his dad free. The first try didn't work. But the second try set him free. They had information and evidence that they didn't check until she told them too. They realized it wasn't his prints or semen and they couldn't keep him. He was set free and went back to Vivi Ann. At first she couldn't believe that he was back. But, when they were in each others arms the love was still there. It never left.

The book is about rivalry, sisterhood, true love, family etc. It is such a good book and just me describing it to you isn't doing it justice. You really should read it. Tell me what you think. Do you think Dallas and Vivi Ann's love is true? Did you believe the town when Cat was murdered that Dallas did it? What do you think?