The Hoot by Carl Hiaasen | Teen Ink

The Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

By sirapop lapvisuttisin BRONZE, Bangkok, Other
sirapop lapvisuttisin BRONZE, Bangkok, Other

A boy and a new adventure
“If you hurt a single one of our owls, I’m not eating any more of your stupid pancakes,” this sentences said by a main character in the book. Hoot was written by Carl Hiaasen. This is a story about a boy named Roy who moves from Montana to Florida. He discovers many new situations in Florida. His experience will always be in his memory and many others people. I love to read this book.

Hoot is the story about a boy named Roy. When he goes to school another boy hits him. Then he sees a boy running without shoes. Roy wants to find out who is the running boy. He looks for a running boy all the time. As he tries to find a solution to his question, the more he involves with a new thing in his life. If you want to know what will happen to his life. You must read the story to find out.

First, I like this book because the plot is interesting. In every chapter, a point that connects to each other likes the connection of situation. Also, the character connects to the story. In the first three chapters will introduce the running boy and another character. In the middle of the story, the plot becomes more intensive. I think the plot is important because it doesn’t make me feels boring. It also made me excited about what will happen to the character all the time.

Second, I like this book because the characters are not too much and easy to understand. In the book, it not too much character, so it doesn’t make me confuse with the character. The first chapter will introduce the main character then the middle chapter will tell another important character again. It doesn’t introduce or have any new character in every chapter. I think it’s important to a reader because nobody wants to read and confuse with the character in the book. This book is doing well at this point because I can understand character emotion and action.

Third, I like the theme of the story. There are the goods theme about growing up, corruption, love, friendship and honor. Almost in the middle chapter there will be the scene that Roy’s father talks to Roy in the kitchen’s room. In almost every chapter will show the friendship like Roy worry about his friend and help his friend. I think the theme of the story is good because it shows many types of people in the world. Nobody is good sometimes you will meet with bad people or stay in a bad situation. The truth will be the truth. If you do the right thing you need not be afraid of anything.

In addition, I like the emotion of the story. There are many emotions in the story. In chapter 3-4, Roy wants to figure out who is a running boy, so he looks for a running boy all the time. This makes me have a curious emotion that who is a running boy. I think a writer is doing well in the emotion of the story. The story is not too stressing or too boring. In Hoot, there is a funny situation that main characters do or even the surprise action that the writer creates.

I enjoyed reading this book because it has an interesting plot, the character is not too much, the theme of the story and the emotion of the story. This book will change your mind about kid’s book. Stop reading this and go to buy a book named “Hoot.”