The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown | Teen Ink

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

By VishalRaman_W4TRW BRONZE, Plainsboro, New Jersey
VishalRaman_W4TRW BRONZE, Plainsboro, New Jersey

The novel The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown, is a thrilling mystery novel about a man named Robert Langdon, a symbology professor at Harvard University.  He has to uncover the clues to find out a murder, and eventually, the secret of the Holy Grail.  The main theme of the novel is that secrets are hidden, waiting for people to eventually uncover their meaning, and this is shown by Robert Langdon’s thoughts and actions throughout the story. 

Robert Langdon is a great symbologist and in turn, helps him uncover the secrets in The Da Vinci Code.  In Chapter 3, he states, “As someone who had spent his life exploring the hidden interconnectivity of disparate emblems and ideologies, Langdon viewed the world as a web of profoundly intertwined histories and events. The connections may be invisible, he often preached to his symbology classes at Harvard, but they are always there, buried just beneath the surface.” This means that secrets are hiding and waiting to be discovered.  This theme is present throughout the novel, and it shows up in many different ways.  But it always means that secrets are waiting to be discovered and understood.

Secrets are all around us waiting to be understood.  This is what gives The Da Vinci Code interest to readers.  In the end, we see that we can find secrets anywhere, from the darkest cave, to the tallest mountain, and these secrets lie there, waiting for someone or something to comprehend their true value.

Loved the book.  Hope you do as well!