The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry | Teen Ink

The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry MAG

January 19, 2015
By Sapphire9 PLATINUM, Santa Rosa, California
Sapphire9 PLATINUM, Santa Rosa, California
26 articles 5 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
- Albert Camus


She wakes up on the floor with blood in her mouth. The voices by the door are arguing about whether to “take her out back and finish her off.” She doesn’t know who she is, where she is, or why they want to kill her.

All she can do is run.

April Henry’s suspense novel The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die follows in the footsteps of her other mysteries, but this time with a twist: the heroine has no idea who she is.

Readers will be pulled into the plot and resonate with fear as they discover that no one can be trusted and no place is safe. Rumors fly around the protagonist, hinting that she may be a criminal, a murderer, or an insane asylum escapee. Only one thing is for sure: someone wants to get rid of her.

Reading The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die creates a new and riveting experience for readers as the protagonist’s story becomes their own. From the first line, the reader knows as much as the main character. Readers will fall into the mystery as they work with the young victim to find out her name, her family, and the truth.

Henry does not disappoint; this book is every bit as exhilarating as it sounds. It contains everything – action, mystery, heroism, and even romance. Winning numerous awards, including the YALSA Quick Pick, Henry’s novel transforms reading into a true adventure.

Read with caution: you will not be able to put this book down until the very last page.