Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

By JadenD. BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
JadenD. BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii

"thats the thing about pain, it demands to be felt."

Mockingjay Review

“Fire is Catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!”
District 12 is gone, people are striking and Peeta and his crew is taken prisoner. Katniss becomes the Mockingjay to  protect the tributes. District 12 is fortunately taken into the careful hands of District 13. War is beginning to stir up in all Districts. The comparison between the Mockingjay movie and book doesn't take much judgement considering the book can fit much more detail in then the movie. I definitely choose the book over the movie because when you're reading, your mind can imagine so much more than the movie. For example I imagined that District 13 would?ve been bigger .
The movie directors tend to put in certain characters in the wrong places and in, my mind messes up the sequence. If you realize, Effie Trinket was present in part 1 and that had some good to it but it then leaves out her prep team. I think one of the most important lines in the book wasn?t mentioned in the movie was, “Just one more thing, I kill Snow!”. Snow was the reason this whole mess happened and mentioning that line in there gives you the mentality that, she is going to get revenge and stop the Hunger Games. That line hooks you and makes you feel like you need to read to the end or watch till the end of the movie.
Coin, the person that played coin was pretty accurate to my imagination, but her personality in the movie was not at all what I was expecting. Coin is the leader of District 13 and she was super soft, she wasn?t as strong and firm in the book and thats why the book is always better, your imagination takes place. I think the reason Coin was soft was because no one else was there but Prim and Gale. Also that they want you to get used to Coin so you can never tell the ending or the outcome. 
When your reading and you come to the part when it?s Peeta?s third time on air with Cesar, and it describes his facial expression and the way he looks the bruises and welts. And if you really watch the movie, you can tell that they were accurate about how he looked, the circles under his eyes the thinness of his neck, he looked fairly beaten and starved. After the Peeta warned Katniss about the bombing that was going to be done, hundreds of people in most of the districts had blew up the wall but they sang a song that had been aired by Beete and it was the “Hanging Tree” song. The song had somewhat of a symbol to the people and when it had been sung in the movie it made me shiver because they did what the capitol feared most, they came together to overthrow them. I thought the ending wasn?t a bad place to end because if they didn?t show the part after which katniss was choked and they explained why he acted like that, there would?ve been a lot of unhappy people. And I just say that because if it had stopped when Peeta grabbed her people would want to know what happened, and it would just leave you hanging.
In my opinion I would read the book because it has so much more to offer than the movie. Yes, you can watch the movie but I would prefer you read the book so when you watch the movie you can determine the right and wrongs that happened. If you read I can guarantee that you can gain more knowledge from the book than the movie. I would definitely refer this book to anyone because you may not realize it but it has some historical facts hidden between each line you read. You?ll enjoy this series if you're up to some thrilling suspense that?ll keep you hooked until the very end. if you're an action/romance reader than this is the book to read, it always keeps you on the edge of your seat.