the gun by paul lagan | Teen Ink

the gun by paul lagan

November 20, 2014
By Anonymous

The  Gun  /  Paul  Langan
Townsend  Press  ,  2002  ,  123  PP.
Non  Fiction


You  the  bully  at  Bluford  High  anybody  and  everybody  fears.  Until  one  day  a  kid  stands  up  to  you  and  takes  you  down  in  font  everybody  in  your  school.  Now  anyone  doesn’t  fear  you  ,  even  the  people  you  had  bullied  in  the  pass.  Now  you  try  to stop  people  from  people  disrespecting  you.


Angry  Tyray  Hobbs   wants  to  get  back  at  Darrell  Mercer.  Days before Tyray  scared  everybody  at  Bluford  High.  Until  a  kid  named  Darrell  Mercer  that  Tyray  picked  on   stood  up  to  Tyray  and  fought  him  in  the  cafeteria  ,  and  broke  Tyrays  hand  in  front  of  the  whole  school.  So  now  Tyray  tries  thinking  of  a  way  to  get  back  at  Darrell  Mercer.  Also  Tyray  has  family  problems  at  home  ,  a  broken  hand  from  when  Darrell  broke  it  ,  and  nobody is  respecting  him  neither  does  his  old  friends.  So  now  people  that  he  had  bullied  don’t  even  respect  him ,  they  threating  him  ,  and  talking  smack  in  front  of  him.  Than  he  tries  to  get  a  gun  to  solve  his  problems.


The  Gun  is  written  in  third  person  limited  .  You  can  relate  to  this  book  by  the  feelings  and  characters  in  the  book.  Tyray  is  having  a  haed  time  in his  life.  People  don’t  fear  him  no  more.  He  needs  his  brother  which  who  died  but  always  helps  him  with  sititutions  that  he  gets  in.  But  he  can  also  turn  his  life  around.  Last  at  the  end  of  the  book  is  shocking  and  will  blow  your  mind.


I  this   book  is  really  good.  I  could  read  this  book  everyday.  But  the  funny  thing  is  I  don’t  like  reading.  I  feel  like  people  as  young  adults  can  relate  to  this  book  including  me.  But  I  would  recommend  this  book.   Finally  ,  what  if  they  made  a  movie  to  this  books.