The Giver by Lois Lowry | Teen Ink

The Giver by Lois Lowry

By S.Mitchell12 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
S.Mitchell12 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

The Giver/ Lois Lowry
The john Newbery Medal proudly presented to a happy, sad, and caring novel The Giver an inspirational to all. Once you start you can’t stop. It’s like mowing a lawn once you start you can’t stop until all of the grass has been chopped down. This story of a boy named Jonas will be one you won’t forget.

Published by Dell larel-leaf an imprint of random house children’s books a division of random house, Inc. 1540 Broadway New York, New York 10036

Jonas lives in a world where everything tops shape and nothing out of place. Jonas’s world a little thing called perfect every choice in the world literally made for him and his people of the community. Basically like a peace zone nothing bad ever happens. Every one does there part a.k.a. job that they selected for them. As soon as Jonas turns twelve his assignment on what to do will be a very important task. Jonas the only one selected to do this kind of job that the fate of his community depends on. Will he do it correct? Or will his world be destroyed? Jonas will have to be able to take on the memories of the past from his helper the giver. Jonas has been signed up to take on the community’s love, happiness, pleasure, sadness, pain, and all other emotions of life. Jonas will realize the truth about life and the only way to uncover it, to take it head on. There no dropping out on a job like this far too important.

This book made good in my opinion the author achieved his purpose and passed it. I recommend it to ages 12 and up. It’s a good book but sometimes hard to follow if you know what I mean. This book made to put an impact on your face has been a delight for me. I mean it doesn’t get better.

I want you guys to read this book all the way without stopping. Also if it gets boring keep reading eventually it gets really good. But yeah read this book! I don’t know how many times I have to say it hopefully your convinced!

Super good