i funny by james patterson | Teen Ink

i funny by james patterson

November 20, 2014
By jared_holmes27 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
jared_holmes27 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Jared Holmes
I funny/James Patterson
Fiction
A boy named Jamie who’s crippled by a car accident and  trying to be the world’s funniest kid. This story has all types of jokes that will make u have all types of emotions.
I funny is an exciting book that will suck you in. this book has a first person point of view. The main characters are Jamie, his uncle, cool girl, and the rest of his friends. He is in a wheelchair so this will boost up peoples self-esteem because it shows that you do anything you put your mind to even in a wheelchair. This book uses imagery and symbolism. It shows imager because in the story Jamie describes how he got in his wheelchair.  He also gives some flashbacks from when he was a little boy.
This books an easy read to me but the writings powerful. This books more positive than negative except for like two pages. The strengths of this book were that I could visualize everything the author was saying. It really didn’t have any weaknesses. I would recommend this book to most of my friends and family. I find this book motivational for people that are in a wheelchair or just people period just to show that anything’s possible.
I think this book is very good and I would love to read the next one called “I even funnier.”