Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch | Teen Ink

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

I've always been a fan of those fairytale-like novels, and I have to say, Snow Like Ashes is my favorite.

Snow Like Ashes is about the few refugees of the kingdom of Winter who are left trying to restore their kingdom. Snow Like ashes has a female protagonist called Meira, and she is rather headstrong as she considers herself a soldier, and insists on playing an important role in saving Winter. She falls in love with one of the refugees who is the future king, Mather, and through complicated decisions her feelings change for him. 

I'm stunned by how beautifully the author describes emotions, and I am a big fan of those hit-me-in-the-feels types of text. You can actually feel her pain, her desperation, her disappointment, everything. It's very vivid and it is exciting. 

Sara Raasch's book cover is also very appealing to readers, as it shows a chakram, Meira's weapon of choice. The cover also shows the title as the snow on the ground does look like ashes, and there is snow falling around it. 

The different scenes take readers on a flow of emotions, both up and down, and some scenes are so intense you cannot just simply get them out of your head. 

This book came out only just in early October, and the next book is coming out in 2015; I'm already very excited, and currently I'm a huge fan of this book. 

So, fairytale novel readers, you will not regret this.