Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam | Teen Ink

Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam

By bmarley1 BRONZE, Pennsboro, West Virginia
bmarley1 BRONZE, Pennsboro, West Virginia

Introduction
Rocket Boys is a book were a boy named Sonny in a small coal town in West Virginia. I give the book a four out of five because it is a very good book, and I would recommend this book to people who like kids proving what others thought they couldn’t do.
Description and summary of content
The boy has a father who works in the mine and a mother that stays a home and cooks, cleans and takes care of the family at home. The boy goes by the name Sonny. Sonny has four friends that help him build the rockets, Roy Lee, O’Dell, Quinton, and Sherman.
Evaluation
I think that it was a good idea to build the rockets because they proved to the community that they could build a rocket and it would fly like it was supposed to. The boys proved that they would work until the rocket would fly right. Like the part in the book were they walked eight miles to work on their rockets and fly them?
Conclusion
In all Sonny fulfilled his dream and got out of Coalwood. The book ends in a great way so to find out the end you have to read the book. The reason I say it’s a good book because it really is and I recommend it to everybody