Paper Towns by John Greeb | Teen Ink

Paper Towns by John Greeb

By Flower_child1243 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Flower_child1243 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

"Every new day is another chance to change your life"

Imagine living in the shadows of someone you knew and loved and suddenly, they reappear but in a blink of any eyes they’re gone. Leaving you to pick up the pieces solve the mystery in which the prize is where they are. Paper Towns’ by John Green is a ‘have you at the edge of your seat’ book. It’s a fast pace book that slows down and becomes a little boring. In my opinion this wasn’t John Green best book, but I do recommend it to students who are thinking about reading a John Green book.

This book is for middle-high school student. The vocabulary is easy to read but maturity plays apart in this book. John Green has a lot of profanity, not necessarily for primary school children’s minds. Most of Mr. Green’s books are geared towards middle-high school students because of his level of profanity. There is a lesson in this book, and that is quite true, ‘Something’s are meant to be found.’ Even if you keep searching and searching and you find it, it will just disappear like it did before, that’s how the world works.

Paper Towns’ is about a boy named Quinton Jacobson who is in loved with a girl, who he was best friends with when they were little, Margo Roth Spiegelman. She appears in his window year later during the night; in seek for his help on revenge. After that night she disappears and nobody knows where she went and won’t look for her, thinking she’ll be back. Only, Quinton is the only one determined to find her and his friends to track her down. Great length of searching they find her, only to be told she didn't want to be found and they lose her again.

This book wasn’t John Green’s best. To be honest I found this book hard to pick up and read because of slow pace chapters. ‘Paper Towns’ was based in a point of view of a male, and being a girl reading some of the content in this book was weird. Most of the books I read are based in a female point of view but it good to switch it up and see what males read about. Some parts I just can’t even, the way boys think is kind of disgusting in a way that makes me want to gag.

This was my first John Green book and I expected it to be amazing like the book ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ everyone raged about. I was disappointed in fact. I read ‘TFIOS’ (The fault in our stars) after ‘Paper Towns’ and I thought it was better than ‘Paper Towns.’ If it was written better and not so slow I would have enjoyed it. John Green could have done better.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences