Prodigy by Marie Lu | Teen Ink

Prodigy by Marie Lu

September 18, 2014
By Grant Lusk BRONZE, Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Grant Lusk BRONZE, Moncks Corner, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments


Prodigy by Marie Lu is about a boy named Day who is on the run from the Republic (The Government) for committing crimes for good against the republic. His brother has been taken by them for use of a human weapon from the plague. He wants to save his brother and get payback on the Republic.
Prodigy is an example of dystopian literature. My example is the government has control of all of their people. They make them live in sections based on a test. If they do well they are treated like royalty from the government. If they do not do well on the test they are put in the poor sectors with a chance of getting the plague and the government will not do a single thing about it.
Some people might think this is an example of utopian literature but if you do not follow the rules of the government there is a good chance that you will be arrested by the government. This government wants to be a perfect but the people want to start a revolt. There is war going on against the colonies. The new Elector of the Republic is trying to change the Republic and make it into a peaceful place so it’s up to Day to help him out of a revolt for a new start. This is a great example of dystopian literature.