Graceling by Kristin Cashore | Teen Ink

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

September 5, 2014
By Potterhead_Is_amazing GOLD, Arvada, Colorado
Potterhead_Is_amazing GOLD, Arvada, Colorado
10 articles 3 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, so long as one remembers to turn on the light.


In this world, set in almost medival times, most are normal, except for a small group. These are gracelings. A gracelings grace, or ability, can be anything. Whether it be useful, like mind reader, or useless, like being able to open your mouth as wide as your face. 

  The main character in this story, Katsa, is graced with killing. Her semi-corrupt Uncle, King Randa, uses her to threaten his disloyal or dsobedient Lords, thourturing and threatening them using her. Then one night, when she's on a secret mission for the Council, a secret society she founded to try to help counteract her Uncles evil, she meets a man, who's fighting skills almost rival her own, who she defats and finishes her mission; saving a Lenid Kings father from another corrupt king. 

  As you read this book, you will love the characters you meet like Prince zpo and the Monsean Princess Bitterblue, and her stunning ( and dangerous) secret. 

  If you wish this book wasn't over after you read it, you're in luck, there's Fire, the companion to Graceling, and Bitterblue, she squel to Graceling.