Twilight by Erin Hunter | Teen Ink

Twilight by Erin Hunter

December 17, 2008
By Ian Lee BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Ian Lee BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Twilight, by Erin Hunter, is packed with action, passion, and a surge for power may be brewing. The characters of this remarkable book are cats. Do not however, underestimate them because they can hunt, fight, and survive without humans or as they would say “twolegs”. In this story, cats fight for their territories, their feelings, and their ancestors of Starclan. Cats fall in love, kits are born, leaders rise, and somehow it feels too good. Somewhere out there, an enemy lurks, ready to strike. This describes how the cats are adjusting to their new lifestyle. Erin Hunter, author of Twilight, is taking this book past the normal standards.

Firstly, the series, called Warriors, is very intriguing. Starting with titles, to prologues, and even just plain old writing, Hunter always manages to glue the book to your fingers. The cover of the book is also very shiny and will make you see it even in the darkest cave. The artwork is very beautiful. It is not a cut and paste thing that some authors accomplish, she spends her time getting an artist and telling the artist what she wants. The other thing she includes are her reviews, which are usually, or always positive. I cannot stress how much time she seems to put into each and every book that shows it face in Borders.

Secondly, Twilight starts with all the clans as friends and helping each other. The medicine cats, kind of like cat doctors, are overwhelmed with work, scrapes, thorns in the paw, and they are frantically looking for healing herbs. The leaders of the four clans, Thunderclan, Windclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, are secretly talking about what to do and where to find camps. Meanwhile the medicine cats are thinking about the Moonstone, where they share tongues with Starclan (grooming each other). The leaders decide to send out the four cats that went to the Sun-Drowned Place to go and scout out the land. They end up traveling around the lake and finding a decent place for each of the four clans. Encountering many dangers, they come back with a report. Later, the Windclan leader dies of old age and a new leader is elected. Following that, cats have illegal love, friends betray each other, and trouble is brewing.

Thirdly, Twilight is a masterpiece of art, better than Vincent van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, and all those other artists who attempted painting or sculpting. Without opening the cover, it does not look that splendid. However if you bother to flip the pages it will express to you how grand it really is. In my opinion this is a wonderful novel with tons of action and feeling that jabs you in your heart and stays there. While reading the book, I was stunned by how much emotion is communicated in the writing. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat with your heart pacing so frantically that you may need to go to doctor's for a check up.

All in all, Twilight just explodes your mind when reading. Whether it is with action or a serious beginning. Erin always pulls it off with just her style. Always making it seem like you are actually watching it with all the cats hissing and slashing with their claws and teeth. If you ever become the reader of this book you will discover what will happen when you read the book. Not the characters, but you. You will think of your lazy fat cat like nothing before. Instead you might picture a lean, mean, fighting machine in its place. Who knows, you may just let your cat go to become a warrior and battle off other cats or badger. So, I really give this a strong nine out of ten claws, with ten as the greatest.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 65 comments.


Coffee BRONZE said...
on Jul. 16 2010 at 7:04 pm
Coffee BRONZE, Tallahassee, Florida
4 articles 5 photos 184 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your Face.

that's what I think!! What's a good book without some drama??

on Jul. 15 2010 at 11:47 am
ThatClarinetPerson SILVER, Tequesta, Florida
8 articles 0 photos 226 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life. Don't talk to me about life."
~Marvin the Paranoid Android (from the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy series)
Statistical analysis suggests that i am probably in tune with someone
(hahahahaha! I love this cause i'm never ever ever in tune >o

well, that's life. i know its sad, but if you are going to fight, then people/cats are going to get hurt. have you tried reading them again?

on Jul. 14 2010 at 11:39 pm
Clopsey PLATINUM, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
41 articles 23 photos 28 comments
but so many of them die. they used to make me cry when i was little, which is why i ultimately stopped reading them. i loved the story lines, though. kind of miss them, actually...

on Jul. 14 2010 at 7:29 pm
ThatClarinetPerson SILVER, Tequesta, Florida
8 articles 0 photos 226 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life. Don't talk to me about life."
~Marvin the Paranoid Android (from the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy series)
Statistical analysis suggests that i am probably in tune with someone
(hahahahaha! I love this cause i'm never ever ever in tune >o

depressing? warriors isnt depressing!

Soccer~Gal said...
on Jul. 6 2010 at 1:20 am

Wow, great review! Really enjoyed it! I agree, this is a great book and I would advise everyone to read it. Some parts are dramatic, romantic, breathtaking...

What more could a book have?


on Jul. 4 2010 at 12:43 pm
i still love warriors, its different from most serieses, which is good, theres a mix of everything; romance, action, and secrets. nad thats what makes it so interesting, the action, and plot never dies, its always changing.

Zzzie SILVER said...
on Jun. 23 2010 at 11:31 am
Zzzie SILVER, North Canton, Ohio
8 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Think positive, or I'll have to start singing."

Me and my two best friends LOVE Warriors, this book being one of my favroites of the series. Great review!

P.S. To all Warriors lovers: Check out the Warriors Forms if you haven't all ready. Just go to www.warriorcats.com and look at the link at the top of the page.


on Jun. 22 2010 at 9:41 pm
ekko-park BRONZE, Bloomington, Indiana
1 article 5 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't blink."
-Doctor Who

I used to read this book.... but there are waaaaay too many now... >.< I think I stopped at number 20-something.

Coffee BRONZE said...
on Jun. 22 2010 at 9:50 am
Coffee BRONZE, Tallahassee, Florida
4 articles 5 photos 184 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your Face.

ha ha. I agree compeletly

Coffee BRONZE said...
on Jun. 22 2010 at 9:49 am
Coffee BRONZE, Tallahassee, Florida
4 articles 5 photos 184 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your Face.

Warriors is my favorite series, and always will be. My mom tried to read it, and said it was "too depressing" but who doesn't love some drama in a book??? I like how she's not afriad of tradegedy (or of killing off main characters) you can never be sure what will happen, and who will still be around by the next book.

Templar314 said...
on Apr. 27 2010 at 6:51 pm
Templar314, Hell, Michigan
0 articles 0 photos 7 comments
I think this book deserves the award for "Best Fiction Piece Titled 'Twilight'".

on Apr. 17 2010 at 9:42 pm
RheaD.Ravenfinger BRONZE, Juneau, Alaska
4 articles 0 photos 94 comments

Favorite Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

And this series is alot more original and it's filled with action. You might like them.

on Apr. 17 2010 at 9:40 pm
RheaD.Ravenfinger BRONZE, Juneau, Alaska
4 articles 0 photos 94 comments

Favorite Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

And anyways, these books are exciting! Very creative and original.

on Apr. 17 2010 at 9:37 pm
RheaD.Ravenfinger BRONZE, Juneau, Alaska
4 articles 0 photos 94 comments

Favorite Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I'm seventeen and no matter what I love these series. They're very inspiring and exciting. I love the talking animals idea.

bilbogirl GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2010 at 9:36 am
bilbogirl GOLD, Townsend, Delaware
19 articles 0 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you cant rock it, dont even bother trying.

I have been reading this series for two years, and you are right all the way. Fantastic book, fantastic review.

on Mar. 26 2010 at 10:05 am
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York
27 articles 0 photos 231 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Well, I'm sure the book is excellent, not having read it myself, but comparing it to da Vinci and van Gogh, I think, IS going a bit far. The rest of the review was very good though.

Blank said...
on Mar. 16 2010 at 9:33 am
This book is about CATS! C-A-T-S! Not vampires!

Blank said...
on Mar. 5 2010 at 9:38 am
The whole series is amazing. How can you not enjoy reading this book.

Nicole101 said...
on Mar. 4 2010 at 11:24 pm
I absolutly LOVE the Warriors series. First I thought it was ridiculous, I mean, talking cats. But then I like REALLY got into the series and couldn't get out of it, this is a really amazimg book, I think I'll read it again! :)

on Mar. 4 2010 at 4:11 pm
MusicIsLife013 SILVER, New York, New York
6 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Light, like the flutter of wings, feel your hollow voice rushing into me
As you're longing to sing" -AFI

"Here we go again, I kinda wanna be more than friends, so take it easy on me I'm afraid you're never satisfied." -Neon Trees

I started reading this series when I was 10. Now, five years later, I am still an avid reader. It's one of my favorite series and I own every book! Everyone should read these books