Twilight by Erin Hunter

Twilight, by Erin Hunter, is packed with action, passion, and a surge for power may be brewing. The characters of this remarkable book are cats. Do not however, underestimate them because they can hunt, fight, and survive without humans or as they would say “twolegs”. In this story, cats fight for their territories, their feelings, and their ancestors of Starclan. Cats fall in love, kits are born, leaders rise, and somehow it feels too good. Somewhere out there, an enemy lurks, ready to strike. This describes how the cats are adjusting to their new lifestyle. Erin Hunter, author of Twilight, is taking this book past the normal standards.

Firstly, the series, called Warriors, is very intriguing. Starting with titles, to prologues, and even just plain old writing, Hunter always manages to glue the book to your fingers. The cover of the book is also very shiny and will make you see it even in the darkest cave. The artwork is very beautiful. It is not a cut and paste thing that some authors accomplish, she spends her time getting an artist and telling the artist what she wants. The other thing she includes are her reviews, which are usually, or always positive. I cannot stress how much time she seems to put into each and every book that shows it face in Borders.

Secondly, Twilight starts with all the clans as friends and helping each other. The medicine cats, kind of like cat doctors, are overwhelmed with work, scrapes, thorns in the paw, and they are frantically looking for healing herbs. The leaders of the four clans, Thunderclan, Windclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, are secretly talking about what to do and where to find camps. Meanwhile the medicine cats are thinking about the Moonstone, where they share tongues with Starclan (grooming each other). The leaders decide to send out the four cats that went to the Sun-Drowned Place to go and scout out the land. They end up traveling around the lake and finding a decent place for each of the four clans. Encountering many dangers, they come back with a report. Later, the Windclan leader dies of old age and a new leader is elected. Following that, cats have illegal love, friends betray each other, and trouble is brewing.

Thirdly, Twilight is a masterpiece of art, better than Vincent van Gogh, Leonardo da Vinci, and all those other artists who attempted painting or sculpting. Without opening the cover, it does not look that splendid. However if you bother to flip the pages it will express to you how grand it really is. In my opinion this is a wonderful novel with tons of action and feeling that jabs you in your heart and stays there. While reading the book, I was stunned by how much emotion is communicated in the writing. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat with your heart pacing so frantically that you may need to go to doctor's for a check up.

All in all, Twilight just explodes your mind when reading. Whether it is with action or a serious beginning. Erin always pulls it off with just her style. Always making it seem like you are actually watching it with all the cats hissing and slashing with their claws and teeth. If you ever become the reader of this book you will discover what will happen when you read the book. Not the characters, but you. You will think of your lazy fat cat like nothing before. Instead you might picture a lean, mean, fighting machine in its place. Who knows, you may just let your cat go to become a warrior and battle off other cats or badger. So, I really give this a strong nine out of ten claws, with ten as the greatest.

cats said...
Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:15 am:
i love this book i have read all the books and now i am on the series omen of the stars go firestar and brambleclaw

zadiekatie23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very descriptive, very riveting! I've read this book, and I love it too; I love all her books, though I haven't yet read all of them. I'll be sure to, though, since I become attached to the characters and their world.

HopefulWolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 9:35 am:
Nice job...I've been reading the series for five years now and I just submitted my Teen Ink Erin Hunter Interview. :) Firestar, Firestar!

IceQueen said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:49 am:
I love these books!  Started reading them when the second one came out, which was, like, forever ago.  Great review!  I loved the "nine out of ten claws" thing.

leaf44 said...
I LOVE THIS SERIES!  I thought your review was great, especially the last paragraph.  It is very difficult to talk about these books without making them sound well... really dumb.  You did a great job of it though, better than I did when i tried to explain them to my friends.... They ended up calling them the magical-talking-cat-books... You really have to read them to get them. 

MetallixRose said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 11:11 am:
I love the warrior series!!!!! I LOVE THEM!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

VanendraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this book series <3<3<3<3

pevork1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:40 am :

two paws up

PhoenixGriffin said...
Sept. 25, 2010 at 11:48 am:

I love this book series, but you have a few inaccuracies in your view. First off-were you even reviewing the right book? Starlight is about the cats settling in at the lake, finding the place to speak to StarClan, finding their camps, and WindClan's leader dying. Twilight is about the clans taking their first strides of life in their home, as well as the everlooming threat that a cat has been told by StarClan that she will die, and that a powerful force is massing to mount ... (more »)

Ella S. said...
I love this series i havent read them since fifth grade because i always got made fun of for them but i think im going to start again

SonOfApollo said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:57 am:

I love these books but i lost track of which one i was on and then all the books blended together and I got confused!!

I think I'll reread them!!!!:D

emergingtalent said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 6:14 pm:
Good for you! you won't be dissapointed!!!

Dawnheart said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 11:31 am:

Me and my two best friends LOVE Warriors, this book being one of my favroites of the series. Great review!

P.S. To all Warriors lovers: Check out the Warriors Forms if you haven't all ready. Just go to www.warriorcats.com and look at the link at the top of the page.

HopefulWolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:51 am :
I'm on the forums as Moon-Jay

ekko-park said...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 9:41 pm:
I used to read this book.... but there are waaaaay too many now... >.< I think I stopped at number 20-something.

Smoothieheart said...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 9:49 am:
Warriors is my favorite series, and always will be. My mom tried to read it, and said it was "too depressing" but who doesn't love some drama in a book??? I like how she's not afriad of tradegedy (or of killing off main characters) you can never be sure what will happen, and who will still be around by the next book.

Lanier42 replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 7:29 pm :
depressing? warriors isnt depressing!

Clopsey replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 11:39 pm :
but so many of them die. they used to make me cry when i was little, which is why i ultimately stopped reading them. i loved the story lines, though. kind of miss them, actually...

Lanier42 replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:47 am :
well, that's life. i know its sad, but if you are going to fight, then people/cats are going to get hurt. have you tried reading them again?

Smoothieheart replied...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:04 pm :
that's what I think!! What's a good book without some drama??