The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games

The book I was reading called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was very interesting. I thought some parts were very suspenseful, such as when the Hunger Games started, and even before. Not only that this author used some very interesting vocabulary to tell what's going on or to describe someone, or something. The plotline moved on very smoothly, and I didn't find any thing slow.

This book is about 12 areas in a place called Panem that does these traditional battles to put the skills of citizens to the test. Each year the capital wants one boy, and girl from each district to come and perform in this Game. This game is a life and death matter related. Their ages range from twelve to eighteen years of age. One of the characters named Katniss Everdeen lives in District 12, and she does many things to keep her mother, and her younger sister alive, such as trying to feed them. In their district the major randomly drew a person, and it was Katniss's younger sister. She steps up and takes her sister's place. Now Katniss is in a life and death situation, and losing would mean death.

What I thought was really good about this book is the vocabulary, and the plotline. I like the vocabulary because the author seemed to know when to use it. The author used the interesting words when she wanted to describe someone or to tell what's going on. The plotline seemed pretty straight forward, and thrilling. I would recommend this book to people who like science fiction or action.

Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

That is true, but when I wrote that comment I was super into Hunger games...I've calmed down. But HP is seriously an amazing book. 

Really? ME TOO!! :) Team Gale FTW!

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on May. 26 2011 at 11:59 am
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

You cannot compare Harry Potter to Hunger Games. Harry Potter is twenty times better. The Hunger Games is romance centric

I am Team Gale. :) 

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on May. 26 2011 at 11:58 am
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Henry Drummond

It's very not. I hated this book. 

loopybanana said...
on Apr. 19 2011 at 9:24 am
loopybanana, Coventry, New York

one is not good if they are not themselves...

it is! do_ob

I love the hunger games! They are such a good series and very much worth the read. If you want reviews from different teen voices on each book, check out behindspine.blogspot.com for reviews!

Lilies BRONZE said...
Lilies BRONZE, Columbus, New Jersey

"Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus."
- Susan Longacre

This book seems worth the read.

Wolfheart BRONZE, Aslan&#39s Country, California
A totally epic book that everyone should read!!! :D it's good for anyone so don't be worried if you only like suspense or romance or whatever

jammer44 said...
Everyone should read and know what the hunger games is.

Jakethesnake BRONZE, Hernando, Mississippi

"Read, Read... Read everything, then write."-William Faulkner

Did they really do that? wow...

The Hunger Games is one of the best books ever!

But, I hate how people have started this whole "Team Peeta" "Team Gale" thing. It compares this amazing book to the watered down Twilight novels  (I shudder at the thought). In the end, this book was not romance centric.

The Hunger Games will go down in history next to Harry Potter as an amazing 21th century novel

hungergames said...
The Hunger Games is the best series I have ever read I've read all of them, but the last one because I've been busy. I love how the realationships form and the emotion in it.

on Nov. 30 2010 at 7:56 am
You sort of got some words to describe things wrong and at the beginning of your little summary you said "major" instead of mayor but it was EFFIE TRINKET who drew the names! just saying. But it was a good review otherwise. :)

Hugh_Jass said...
Hugh_Jass, New Orleans, Louisiana

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I liked your article, but the Hunger Games are not meant to test citizens' skills. They are meant to show that the Capital rules over all.

Kay-C said...
Ummmm...no offense...but what the heck is this book? Just asking