The Mozart Season by Virginia Euwer Wolff | Teen Ink

The Mozart Season by Virginia Euwer Wolff

August 15, 2014
By Houdini BRONZE, Santo Domingo, Other
Houdini BRONZE, Santo Domingo, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi


The Mozart Season is quite an interesting book. It depicts young musician Allegra’s emotional journey while preparing for a competition that causes her to question herself and her own beliefs.
This book isn’t exactly action packed or puzzling and in it can be easily misjudged; yet, it’s a surprisingly deep novel considering it can easily be read by children. Indeed, in a very sober, G rated manner the author manages to send messages and themes that don’t usually appear in this kind of books, and is sure to inspire many young musicians with the lessons Allegra learns throughout the book. While managing to create a bond between the reader and the music that is downright overwhelming, one of the author’s most remarkable achievements is that the characters involved in the story do not feel fake or superficial, and each one’s background helps craft the story together and give it more meaning.
I would highly recommend this book to any passionate young musician interested in a good novel. Not an all-time favorite, but is definitely a valuable add for any young reader’s library.


The author's comments:
This is a school assignment, yet I hope that this review may help some people give this easily misjudged book a chance.