Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth

By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia

"So many books, so little time"

Sacrifice. By definition it means “an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.” Yet how can someone judge it weather it is a sacrifice, or just giving up? Tris though, she was sacrificing herself in the second book when she went to the Erudite headquarters. Yet with Tobias help, manage to survive and released the video left by Tris’s ancestors about what is behind the walls of the city.

The video shocked the city as they learned that the Divergent are needed outside the borders of the city. This causes more battles to arise as some wanted to leave the city, whereas the leader Evelyn Johnson-Eaton, did not want anyone to leave. The factions+ banded together to form the group called Allegiant. The Allegiant mission was to send a group of their bravest out of the city wall. In that group it included Tris, Tobias, Peter, Tori, Uriah, Cara, Christina and Caleb. The group set off to the fence. There the fractionless met them just as the outsiders came to meet them. The battle raged as the group ran for cover, if only they all could have made it. Mourning the death the group sets off with new found members from outside the city: George and Amar. Soon they were in a compound full of outsiders and learn what and why their city was built the way it was. From there tensions rose as they realize why Divergent were so important, and everyone else was considered “damage”. Tobias finally finds out if he is truly Divergent, and what that does to him spooks Tris. On wrong decision from Tobias, has the whole compound looking down at him, including Tris. Which makes Tobias down even more as the one he promise to take care of gets hurt.

This book could be completely about Tris and Tobias, but there is more in it than just that. Another war is brewing up in the city as Marcus and Evelyn are about to go head to head, it an all-out war between the fractionless and the Allegiant. At the compound there was another war being hatched by Tris and the other “damage” people. Tris sets up the plan which involves Tobias, Christina, Peter and others to go back into the city. For Christina it is to grab her family, for Peter to forget, and for Tobias to uphold his promise, but also makes a decision on who to take down: his father or his mother.

Veronica Roth has done justice to the ending of this trilogy. Even though the second did not meet up to standards as the first did, the third made up for it. I loved this one the most for it made Tris and Tobias love seem real and not just lust. She made it that even though they made mistakes (and they made a lot) they were able to forgive each other and themselves, and still find love. This to me is true love. Tobias issues seem more real and I am glad he was able to work through his pain and childhood difficulties and was able to love one of his parents again, and was able to let the other one go and finally more on. Tris was able to come to terms with her brother, and why he did such thing to her. She also learned what sacrifice truly is and was not just ‘throwing herself into danger’. She is an amazing heroine who came to a fitting end in the story, something that no one should ever consider as ‘lame’. As I said in the beginning: Sacrifice. By definition it means “an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy.” Tris’s mother knew what that meant, and Tris through trial and error finally understood what sacrifice truly meant.

This is the best book so far in the series, simply amazing!

BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California

Be Yourself, Be Unique, Be Me. :) - By BeautyWhispers

Agree that this is the best book yet too, I don't know why some people are saying it's the worst! Anyone enlighten me?

AMA,zing work! Love this series!!!