Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

July 28, 2014
By The_Book_Thief GOLD, Brownville, Nebraska
The_Book_Thief GOLD, Brownville, Nebraska
18 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And when you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche


Twilight. One of those love-hate books, to the point of making the list of things you don’t talk about. I will try to put past my boredom and lack of interest in this book and merely analyze for the sake of those reading. Warning, there are spoilers. The way this will work is I will split the review into four categories: characters, plot, writing, and overall. Please do not be offended, I am trying to be unbiased.

The characters: lacked character. Not in general, just the main characters (Bella and Edward). There is absolutely no reason for Bella to love Edward. All she knows about him is that he is beautiful and a vampire. All the readers know about Bella is that she is not very girly and she is clumsy. Admittedly, Alice and Jacob were very colorful. They are more relatable.

The plot: disappointing. Stephenie Meyer threw enemies at Bella whenever she thought they were necessary. It doesn’t help that Bella was absolutely helpless every time she was attacked.

The writing: fair. I doubt it this book will ever become a classic, but Meyer sprinkled humor in flawlessly. She made the story flow very well.

Overall: not the best. I wouldn’t recommend the book, but it might just be my low tolerance for vampire novels.

Please remember, I tried to be unbiased. I hope no one takes this personally, I just analyzed. Thank you.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.