Girlosophy: A Soul Survival Kit by Anthea Paul | Teen Ink

Girlosophy: A Soul Survival Kit by Anthea Paul

July 24, 2014
By Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Teenage_Reads ELITE, Halifax, Nova Scotia
293 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"So many books, so little time"


What is the hardest thing in the world? For me, it’s a no brainier. Being a girl. Yes, in this society, being a girl trying to grow up and be able to stand on her own two feet is almost impossible at some points. With the picture of what a “perfect” teenage girl should look like, every girl tries (and fails) to achieve that look. This book, for me, was a life savor. It truly made me open up into a more confident, self-aware person that I am today. And you too can, all you have to do is flip this book open.

It is not a self-help book. It does not tell you how to live your life, or that you are currently living it wrong. This book is more about opening yourself up for some self-love, confinement and to get rid of negative thoughts. It encourages things like yoga, praying, thinking positively, and letting go of bad past experiences. With breath-taking photographs, it is full of pictures of women around the world, who are true and not Photoshop. In the back it even gives a little bio about them and it gives us their name. It gives you helpful hints, like how to stay healthy, a relationship is not give and take but give and give, and that it is your choice to be happy. This book age range is between four and seventeen, but I believe it is a book for all the female in the world, who want to get back to nature and in touch with their spiritual side.

Anthea Paul is a goddess of the spirit world. Not only did she fill a 319 page book with amazing pictures, but words and actions of encouragement for girls everywhere to embraces being a girl. This book made me feel beautiful, confident, and more flexible because of the yoga. Honestly this book deserves nothing lower that five stars out of five stars. I read this book every summer for the past three years, and each year I feel closer and more complete with the universe. A truly amazing book that every girl should read. For truly our gender is already beautiful, so who don’t we work with confidants.


The author's comments:
I truly, 100% in love with this book.